PDA

View Full Version : Injector Upgrade

TurboTom72
01-17-2007, 01:18 AM
I'm thinking of upgrading my injectors. I have a TA-49 turbo in my car with 37# Lucas Injectors. I'm not sure whether I should go with the 009 42.5# inj. or the 50# MSD inj. The prices are close, and I want to get the most bang for my buck! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks. :tup:

Keller
01-17-2007, 01:35 AM
When I started hitting the high 11's with my TA-49 setup, the Bosch 36# injectors just weren't enough. I had a set of the 009's that I had purchased for a good price awhile back. Got appropriate chips for them...and they work great.

The Delphi/MSD 50's seem to be somewhat inconsistent in flow and lock up under high fuel pressures. I've played with these on someone else's car.

However, if you don't have any of these, take a good look at the MotoTron 60's. Yes, its way more injector than you really need. But they are so well controlled and consistent - amazing! They can work at very small pulse widths for a great idle. And can flow a lot of fuel at high pressures. No ECM mods necessary. No need to upgrade again if you go bigger in the turbo department.

chrisgarrett
01-17-2007, 07:58 AM
I agree with Keller. I didn't take that advice and ended up trading injectors out several times as I upgraded. I finally have the Motoron 60s. Mike Licht had a holiday sale on them for $299.00. I bet if you called him, he'd sell them for that price to you.

PaCemkr86
01-17-2007, 10:32 AM
another vote for the motrons. Ive installed them in everything from mild stock to 600+ HP they work very nice and smooth..

TurboTom72
01-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the advice!! There are so many choices. I will save my money and go with the 60# Mototrons as advised. :woot:

TurboTom72
01-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Also, I don't know Mike Licht, so how do I get in touch with him? If you could let me know, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.

Keller
01-18-2007, 12:30 AM
http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/

buickpe87
01-19-2007, 07:18 AM
When I started hitting the high 11's with my TA-49 setup, the Bosch 36# injectors just weren't enough. I had a set of the 009's that I had purchased for a good price awhile back. Got appropriate chips for them...and they work great.

The Delphi/MSD 50's seem to be somewhat inconsistent in flow and lock up under high fuel pressures. I've played with these on someone else's car.

However, if you don't have any of these, take a good look at the MotoTron 60's. Yes, its way more injector than you really need. But they are so well controlled and consistent - amazing! They can work at very small pulse widths for a great idle. And can flow a lot of fuel at high pressures. No ECM mods necessary. No need to upgrade again if you go bigger in the turbo department.

How about the feasibility of Mototrons for almost stock combination(stock turbo, enhanced exhaust, Red Armstrong pump) driving with MafTpro?

kenmosher
01-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Works great ... several running around like that ...

chrisgarrett
01-19-2007, 11:05 AM
And when you upgrade your turbo, you will be set with the injectors. Just be sure sure you upgrade your chip to go with the injectors.

PaCemkr86
01-19-2007, 04:20 PM
How about the feasibility of Mototrons for almost stock combination(stock turbo, enhanced exhaust, Red Armstrong pump) driving with MafTpro?
thats a proven combo .. the limited project started out like that and ran awesome

86TURBO
01-20-2007, 06:52 PM

Keller,
I purchased a set of 60# injectors from Full Throttle,they said they buy direct from the company that makes Mototrons and that they are the same.Have you heard of this?
Vinny

Keller
01-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Heard that MotoTrons are the same as MotoTrons? :what: Not sure I understand the question...

Maybe this one will have to go to Ken. He might (and I do mean might) have a better understanding of all of this. Didn't we just review all the who-owned-who with MotoTron recently?

86TURBO
01-20-2007, 07:56 PM
I believe the company that makes the Mototrons is called Siemans (not sure about the spelling).The people at Full Throttle said that the Siemans? and Mototron 60# injectors are the same.
Vinny

IL KIM
01-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Keller; yes we did; http://www.gnttype.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7340

86TURBO
01-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the info,I only joined this site in late december and did not see that post,sorry if I annoyed anyone for asking a question.
Vinny

kenmosher
01-21-2007, 09:46 PM
No problem at all ...

To recap ... Siemens manufactures the injectors FOR MotoTron/Edge to the MotoTron/Edge specs. These were developed in conjunction with the Mercury Racing program.

MSD/Edge have the rights for aftermarket production. MotoTron uses the injectors in Mercury and several industrial applications.

86TURBO
01-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Thanks Ken

buickpe87
01-22-2007, 08:33 AM
And when you upgrade your turbo, you will be set with the injectors. Just be sure sure you upgrade your chip to go with the injectors.

Thanks Chris and Ken! What would be your recommendations for the chip with MotoTrons and should I have the adjustable fuel regulator?

My GN´s other stuff is(once again): stock ECM, stock chip, Red Armstrong FP, stock turbo, enhaced exhaust and DP, 237 regulator, MafTPRO.

chrisgarrett
01-22-2007, 08:58 AM

Thanks Chris and Ken! What would be your recommendations for the chip with MotoTrons and should I have the adjustable fuel regulator?

My GN´s other stuff is(once again): stock ECM, stock chip, Red Armstrong FP, stock turbo, enhaced exhaust and DP, 237 regulator, MafTPRO.

Ecm doesn't get changed, just the chip. I like Eric's chips at www.turbotweak.com Next upgrades adj. fuel pressure reg. and a hot wire kit for the fuel pump. Hot wire kits are available from www.casperselectronics.com or from www.racetronix.com

buickpe87
01-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Ecm doesn't get changed, just the chip. I like Eric's chips at www.turbotweak.com Next upgrades adj. fuel pressure reg. and a hot wire kit for the fuel pump. Hot wire kits are available from www.casperselectronics.com or from www.racetronix.com

Thanks! I forgot to mention, that I have hotwired the pump. And yes, ECM should be upgraded only with new chip. I will take a look at the chips in turbotweak.

86TURBO
01-25-2007, 09:57 PM
I recieved my Siemans 60# injectors from Full Throttle.I was surprised to get them in a zip lock bag :innocent: Anyone else here order injectors from Full Throttle and recieve them this way?
Vinny

chrisgarrett
01-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Mine came that way, but they were wrapped tightly. Didn't seem to hurt them none. I'm happy. I got them at the holiday price.

IL KIM
01-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Me too; I was surprised they showed up in a zip-lock sandwich bag! Anyway; no scratches or visual damage.

PaCemkr86
01-25-2007, 11:08 PM
thats how the 2 sets i ordered came as well

86TURBO
01-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Thanks Guys,It just seemed a little odd to me.

PaCemkr86
01-27-2007, 12:02 AM
Thanks Guys,It just seemed a little odd to me.
i agree.. glad to see i wasnt the only one that was thinkin the same thing you were