PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - 84 GN short block, Houston TX

gngirl
11-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Detonation kills!!!

Took the engine out and found the problem among many other miscellaneous issues.
Besides the fact that the previous backyard mechanic did not install exhaust gaskets, a few of the bolts on the intake were not very tight.

The head on the passenger side was removed and cylinder number 4 is shot.
The top land of the piston is gone, melted all the way down to the ring (about 75% of it has been disintegrated!). Rings seem ok (Mood point at this stage in the game)

The metal head gasket was also burned (0.375” gap) and was leaking into the motor (below the intake manifold). The block is scrap - There is about a 0.050 in deep groove burned into the head sealing surface of the block. Maybe it could be refaced but it is hard to say. Re-facing looks like it may just “barely” be higher then the top of the piston at TDC. We have a picture if anyone is interested.

So, here is the short story: The difference in the compression of the cylinder did not warrant a broken ring as suspected all along, and, we need another block. Anyone has a short block for an 84 GN “laying around” and want to help a gal out in Houston, TX? (YES, we will look at the “parts for sale” postings)

Bobhebert
11-14-2004, 03:32 PM
I think I talked to you earilier, if not I have one .

siggster
11-14-2004, 09:13 PM
hi have a short bolock from an 87 gn that has under 27,000 miles on it parting out the engine get back with me if your intrested thanks siggy 818 776-1130 after 7pm california time

gngirl
11-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Thanks to all for the help in finding a block for my BABY, I found a block this am! Now is the test to be her up and running stock once again, not looking to race her just looking for her to run correctly. A HUGH thanks to MIKE for all his help and understanding about this block.....Alisa

gngirl
11-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Scammed by one of “Yours Truly”

We have been looking for a block and had a legally binding agreement with:

Michael McCoy
http://www.musclecarsalvage.net/
mrturboregal@peoplepc.com
Michael McCoy on the board
704-882-2582

Called Sunday night and got a price for Mike on the block.
Mike stated “Call me tomorrow, I need to check it out”
The next day around 10:00 am Mike was called and given a CC number for the block, including shipping. Mike stated; ”Great, the block will ship today (Monday) and should be there around Thursday, or Friday at the latest”

On Thursday I received an IM on the board from one of Mike’s competitors. He then called me and got my number for Mike. This competitor told me; “Mike asked me to call you since he said the block is no good”

Here are the issues;
1. First of all, why would you ask a competitor to settle an issue about your business issues?
2. Why did it take 4 days to call and tell me that if the block was supposed to be shipped?
3. Did Trailer Park Mike not have the balls to call me to tell me there is an issue, or, that he wanted more money for the block?
4. Called TPMike and left a VM. Apparently he is in his backyard licking his BA11$ as he is not man enough to return my call to settle this issue.

Apparently, there is an integrity issue. A verbal agreement and the acceptance of a CC number is legally binding and TPM has no idea who he is f**ing with.

Trailer Park Mike, if you get a chance to read this, you should get ready. I have a few connections to get records and recordings of phone conversations and your “Verbal promise and acceptance of the CC was a legally binding agreement”. It seems to me that the extra money you made on the block, may be reinvested (5 fold) in legal fees. No, this is not a threat by any means, is a simple promise as you apparently have no idea who you are F***ING with!

Keep the block and the money, I already purchase another one, but get ready. I may be a Chick, but I have seen mucus like you come and go. I have been around too long to know better. Cover your tracks Trailer Park Mike!

No, there isn’t a F***ING thing you can do about this post. Save the money you made, I already had this legally checked out.

Yes, YOU broke the contract and I have that in writing, including witnesses.

Ernie660R
11-21-2004, 06:15 PM
Sounds like you are a little upset GNGirl. But you have ever right to be. I have a lot of spare 84GN parts for the engine, no block though. I will tell you up front it was cracked and no good but some of the other stuff is OK.... :)

Michael McCoy
11-26-2004, 09:13 AM
Yeah you really got scammed didn't you. I never charged your credit card (& I never will because the cc info was shredded), I didn't send you a cracked block after the hairline crack was found, & I also wasted almost 2 days trying to find another block for you. You've also been exposed on tb.com as a fraud, so stopo wasting space on this & all the other boards. :cuss: