PDA

View Full Version : stock WOT numbers?

dfirefighter
03-26-2007, 05:41 PM
I just purchased a remanufactured AC delco MAF sensor. My initial readings with this were between 4-6 at idle and 231 at WOT. The next day I ran a few more runs and now at idle I get 3-4 and the best was 206 WOT but mainly high 190's. Is this ok? any advise would be awesome :confused:

PaCemkr86
03-26-2007, 08:41 PM
the stock maf maxs out at 255.. how much boost are you running??

dfirefighter
03-27-2007, 12:18 AM
good question. im really having trouble tuning this car. right now im running 15 pounds of boost. my cars mods are-quad air volt booster and 93 chip, adj. fuel press. reg., T. Houst. down pipe, underdrive pulley, 9" k&n.

PaCemkr86
03-27-2007, 12:23 AM
do you have any more scan tool data ??

PS.. id put the stock crank pulley back on.. sell that underdrive pulley

dfirefighter
03-27-2007, 12:56 AM
why get rid of pulley set? and here is data from a auto xray scan tool- IAC=15-20, 02 sensor=448-858 Mvolts Block Learn=160
O2 cross counts=5-255
Knock retard=0 degrees
EGR duty cycle=0.0%
Proportional 02= Step rick/lean (bounces back&forth)
Rich Lean flag= rich/lean (bounces back and forth)
knock sensor=2 at idle and 11 after test runs
Eng. load=27-33
TPS=.43 and 4.91WOT
integrater=136-146
Not sure what to run fuel pressure, its at 38 static. so 30 with vacuum line on and about 46WOT

kenmosher
03-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Trouble spots ...

BLM maxed out at 160 (air leak or something else wrong here)
Integrator high as well (probably driving things up in the BLM)

Knock sensor is actually knock COUNTS and is basically a counter of duration of knock events. Not really useful.

46 psi at WOT is really low and can indicate a problem with the pump.

You should get 1 psi for every psi boost ... in your case 38 (static) + 15 psi (boost) = 53 psi.

dfirefighter
03-27-2007, 10:37 AM
What steps should I take to figure out and fix these problems? At idle with out running car hard, the INT is with in normal range. And at idle my BLM will remain between 150-160 pending on fuel pressure adjustment. Please help me understand how to fix this problem because I have no idea what these things mean. :banghead:

I have been trying to tune this car for 2 years now and really getting frustrated.

dfirefighter
03-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Anyone have any advise??? :idea:

kenmosher
03-28-2007, 09:09 AM
See above ...

Bad fuel pump or regulator (replace) ... with fuel pressure that low under load, you're going to hurt something.

Look for air leaks beyond the MAF (bad PCV valve, leak around injectors, leak around TB).

Once you have those things up to snuff, IAC adjusted, TPS adjusted, then you'll have a better baseline to start troubleshooting (or the problem will be solved).

dfirefighter
03-28-2007, 10:39 AM
See above ...

Bad fuel pump or regulator (replace) ... with fuel pressure that low under load, you're going to hurt something.

Look for air leaks beyond the MAF (bad PCV valve, leak around injectors, leak around TB).

Once you have those things up to snuff, IAC adjusted, TPS adjusted, then you'll have a better baseline to start troubleshooting (or the problem will be solved).

Thanks for the advise!! :pat:

dfirefighter
08-14-2007, 12:20 AM
See above ...

prob. a stupid question. but, just below the TPS on the throttle body is a small tube looking thing that looks like a hose should go on it or be plugged. i know the description sucks but im curious if it should be blocked off or what. mine is not so wondering if this would mess with my BLM #s

Keller
08-14-2007, 01:49 AM
On 86/87 cars these connect to hoses that join the cooling system. Warm coolant keeps the throttle body from icing in extremely cold weather. Not a problem except in extreme cold. Disconnecting or plugging these keeps the throttle body cooler for standard running.