PDA

View Full Version : TR kill stories

Overboost
03-27-2007, 07:53 PM
I want to hear about turbo buick kill stories. wheather it be from the street scene or the track.

being that I had a kill story already this year, kinda goes like this...
here I am minding my own buisness, out testing the new chip in the GN, putting around for like 2 hours. we have a one way-4 lane street that runs one north and the other south, on opposite sides of the highway. at the end of the south bound it turns into the on ramp for the highway.
here I am sitting at this light, when an LS1 trans am pulls up, he hits the left turn only lane and my lane is turn or straight. hes rubber necking at the GN with his girl in the car, kinda sitting sideways, pointing at the car and laughing a bit.
I know he is not telling his girl the legend of the buicks and how they were the fasted car made in 87 OH NO, he must have been telling her how "that guy in that car probly thinks he has a ride, but he cant even roll with moden LS1 power. (even if he wasnt, it makes for a good story)
so, since he was going left, I decided to turn also, since I am bored anyways. so at the next light, just over the highway about 30 feet, we are sitting at the red light and about 3\4 mile straightaway. he gives it a rev, starts making his car jump. :whip: no biggie. I see light is going to turn green, so I power brake it a bit to 1500 and when light was green, he floors it, hes out about a 1\2 car and here I come, turbo lagging away.
as I am about 1\2 car ahead, car spits and misses, he picks up about 3 feet, I get another 8 feet or so out, car misses again? WTF? hes back to 1\2 car back. so I just keep into it, car finally runs without missing and he got about 3 more cars put on him. :bslap:
needless to say, after all that dispaly of power on his behalf, at the next 3 stoplights, he would only stay 1 full car back. never pulled up next to me where I could see him again. he eventually turned down a side road to hide his shame.
I never figured out why it was missing, but it hasnt done it since.
but its fun hearing about some ones kills.
post your kills here so we can all enjoy them, who knows, maybe keller will put up a new site topic about them if we get enough replies.....?

PaCemkr86
03-27-2007, 08:40 PM
i love stories like that...

let me see if the video of my daily driver GN vrs a modded Z06 is uploaded somewhere

mike1976
03-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Nice kill...puts a big grin on my face :clap: :tup:

Overboost
03-27-2007, 09:29 PM
video is even better. I was not planning on that one or I would have posted the vid on the LS1 site. when I go to the track next weekend, there is going to be alot of grudge racing going on. I may have to give it a shot. that way if my trans is in, I can test it out.

pontiac6269
03-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Nice story, can't wait to get my 87 T going again.

Overboost
03-29-2007, 02:33 PM
we have a huge grudge street scene here. there is a web site that they just smack talk each other all day long. set up races and most are video taped. they are going to one of the tracks for a benifit in june and the local track opens this weekend. if I have my trans in by then, I will have to post some video of my kills (or defeats of my own)

socalgn
03-29-2007, 04:07 PM
About a week ago, I was heading home from an informal meet that goes on every Friday at a taco shop in Lynnwood, WA. Had the car dialed it to 27psi on 93 + alky. As the freeways were screwed up, I decided to take Hwy 99 south, and just enjoy the tunes and the ride

Just south of SeaTac airport, I'm waiting on a light, when some punk rolls up in a Neon SRT-4; some gawdaful rap tunes coming out of his car, too much bass, and that damn ricer wing...light turns, and I get on the gas. At about 30 mph, I hear this clown, engine revving to redline, in 1st or 2nd gear, wanting to play.

So, at the next light, I played stupid.

Told him he had a nice car (tossing bait :) ) ; he start spouting off about HKS this, Greddy that, Injen crap, and so on. His one mistake- a comment about how he had just handed some dude in a Mustang his ass.....

Asked him how he'd do against my POS- he said I'd probably give hima good race, but I'd go down like the Ford. 'Nuff said.....I just revved the engine, and when the light turned, we both launched...

He pulled even with me for a few seconds, but it was a bloodbath- ugly for him. At the next light, I heard the usual 'you got lucky, I missed a shift' crap, and proceeded to crush him 2 more times :)

Not much of a kill, but then again it's only March.....

Overboost
03-31-2007, 04:38 PM
yea but as far as the 4 bangers go that want to run with the big dogs, its always nice to accomodate them with a proper burial of thier ego. its still kind of cold here in michigan so the racing scene has not ramped up yet. once my trans is in, its off to the track for a buffet of buttheads in thier rice and rice wanna be cars. I love cobalt (slobalt) SS cars. they are almost as fun to beat up as a WRX....