PDA

View Full Version : ?? on steel or rubber lines

Cortes_Frank
11-21-2004, 09:43 PM
Im installing a tranny cooler but wanted to know if i could replace the line coming from tranny to cooler with hi pressure hose or do they have to be steel i would like to put high pressure hose but dont know if they burst. the steel ones are rotted and im going to change them next weekend but want some info. Thanks Frank

jhef83
11-21-2004, 11:28 PM
I've used rubber before, but I always worried about it getting up against the headers. It never did ,but it could've,and that would be a good reason to use steel.

Cortes_Frank
11-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Yeah i thought about that so i was goin to run them underneath along the chassis but wanted to make sure that it wont burst under pressure.

Turbo2nr
11-22-2004, 10:12 PM
I don't think the pressure is that great in the cooling system. Anyone? I saw mine off while car was in neutral, not a big stream, so I guess it was low pressure.

Keller
11-23-2004, 03:20 AM
Look at your radiator cap pressure rating. They are usually rated at 7-15 PSI. Not sure what the TR ones are spec'd at and I'm not going out in the garage right now. But in short, not much.

Turbo2nr
11-23-2004, 04:44 AM
I was refering to the tranny cooler in the rad., but you gave me an idea for helping get my engine coolant down, due to front mount IC. I will try a cap with a higher rating. I already use Red Line Water wetter. This was what I used when boring out my Moto-X bikes. Higher pressure increases efficiency.