PDA

View Full Version : MAP sensor

Vacuum 6
11-23-2004, 02:37 PM
Is there an 86/87 MAP sensor schematic link? I could not find one. Thanks.

Keller
11-23-2004, 03:24 PM
The MAP sensor is used on the ****og dash cars to run the in-dash bar-graph boost gauge. (Digital dash cars get a 'switch' to run the lights) Its mounted on the right fender bracing.

Are you looking for a wiring schematic for the circuit or for a diagram of the device?

Vacuum 6
11-23-2004, 03:33 PM
The MAP sensor is used on the ****og dash cars to run the in-dash bar-graph boost gauge. (Digital dash cars get a 'switch' to run the lights) Its mounted on the right fender bracing.

Are you looking for a wiring schematic for the circuit or for a diagram of the device?

Wiring schematic for the circuit. Thanks.

Turbo2nr
11-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Just wondering, why do you ask? The map sensor does nothing except make pretty lights. I use mine to activate a 7th shooter (like a 7th injector, kind of.) (dash lights do not work now) I use a VDO boost guage as I run up to 30psi.

Vacuum 6
11-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Just wondering, why do you ask? The map sensor does nothing except make pretty lights. I use mine to activate a 7th shooter (like a 7th injector, kind of.) (dash lights do not work now) I use a VDO boost guage as I run up to 30psi.

Looking to do some design work...need the wiring schematic.

Turbo2318
12-03-2004, 01:08 AM
I have an 84 t-type with a 3.8 sfi lm9.
Where does the map sensor (looks like vacume line) connect to? :banghead:

Turbo2nr
12-03-2004, 07:22 AM
I guess it connnects to the vac. distribution block on top of the throttlebody. And the other end goes to the MAP. thats how a 86/87 is.

kenmosher
12-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Is there an 86/87 MAP sensor schematic link? I could not find one. Thanks.
The limited "smarts" are in the dash module for the boost LEDs. The underhood wiring is just ground, power (5.1 volts) and signal. (0-5 volts)

I don't think GM published a schematic for the dash circuit, since it was kind of a "replace module" type of unit for the LEDs.

Vacuum 6
12-03-2004, 03:43 PM
The limited "smarts" are in the dash module for the boost LEDs. The underhood wiring is just ground, power (5.1 volts) and signal. (0-5 volts)

I don't think GM published a schematic for the dash circuit, since it was kind of a "replace module" type of unit for the LEDs.

Thanks Ken. One more thing are the wires color coded...what is what?

kenmosher
12-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Thanks Ken. One more thing are the wires color coded...what is what?
From memory, the wires under the hood are color coded, but I think they change as they go thru the firewall.

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/images/wiring_images/instrument_cluster.jpg

Shows the digital dash "Turbo Boost" switches...