PDA

View Full Version : Need help in ID'ing pump

81 elky
04-10-2007, 06:24 PM
I aquired a pump out of an 87 and I wonder if anyone can help determine what it is. It appears to not be the original, as the pressure and return have regular hose clamps on them (2 on the pressure side), but the vent tube has the factory clamp still on. It looks like there's a check valve on the pressure side, and the lids looks sorta like a master cylinder cover. At the bottom it was engraved with 2699. Anyone know what it is? I'm guessing it's a Walbro but I don't know what model. Also, this is going into a hybrid. Would it be simpler run braided lines or something similar? It is a G body so I know the factory lines will fit, but I don't have the drivers side line. The existing line used rubber hose at the end to connect to the tank, so is a hard line even necessary?

turbofish38
04-11-2007, 05:37 PM
You're describing the sending unit too. Most of the factory AC fuel pumps I've seen had some mystery numbers etched onto the body. If it is a AC pump than it should have the logo stamped on the metal part of it.I dont have a clue of what the numbers mean. If it was me I'd put a fresh Walbro 340 on there just for peace of mind.

81 elky
04-12-2007, 06:15 AM
The sending unit is seperate. The check valve I'm describing is on the pressure side of the pump. The number 2699 was inscribed by hand.

Keller
04-12-2007, 08:14 AM
The only source I'm aware of that does hand inscribing on pumps and removes manufacturer ID stamping is Quad Air (Red Armstrong).

81 elky
04-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Sounds like a keeper then. Wish I had a digital camera so I could upload some pics. Thanks Scott.

1986GN
04-14-2007, 05:20 PM
we just replaced fuel pump on my friends gn after I/C conversion and what was in the tank is similar to what youre talking about this pump its got two sets of numbers inscribed by hand #0234 on top and #2215 on bottom this is scribed on the metal part on the side there is a AC logo on bottom on plstic part right where fuel screen would go also there are no other markins stamped on pump!!!!!is this a red armstrong pump have you gave them a call iam interested in finding out what this pump is? does red armstrong use stock AC pump and modifies? are the numbers hand scribed serial numbers,certain flow numbers?

81 elky
04-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Just got the number for Quad Air, 440 235-3232. Haven't called yet due to the weekend, maybe tomorrow.

Keller
04-15-2007, 11:15 AM
does red armstrong use stock AC pump and modifies?
Red has used a variety of pumps over the years. I don't believe the numbers are indicative of flow.

81 elky
04-15-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm inclined to think it's a serial number