PDA

View Full Version : Need help

jgines
11-24-2004, 06:38 PM
Hello everybody, I just recently became an owner of an "84" GN. I received it by swaping my old car with the old owner of the GN, anyways im a newbie when it comes to the working on the engine. I have only worked with chevy small-big block motors. I was wondering if anybody would know where I could purchase a Repair manual for the 84 GN. One more thing, when I hit the gas there is a loud knock that comes from the motor. It also bogs out when i press the gas but when i let go it idles fine. Can anybody give me some help. I would love to be able to enjoy this great car. Thanks alot everybody!! :D

YBLEGL
11-27-2004, 11:47 AM
im sure clymer or someone makes a good manual for that check a local parts store like autozone or something I get all my info online that I need. As far as the knocking and such, dont step on it anymore you will blow a headgasket, either the guy you got it from has the boost up to high or you arent putting in good gas. Make sure you put in 93 octane even if the car is stock then step on it, it should be fine if not ask the guy whats hes done to the car, what does the boost gauge read, is it aftermarket ?

Keller
11-27-2004, 08:25 PM
No aftermarket manual will have any relevant info. I couldn't even find good tech info for a Tempo in one. Go to Helm and be prepared to get out your wallet. These are the factory manuals, and only a whole make's carline is available by year. (i.e. all the Buick info per year X) but the info is very thorough. That, plus the online sources will take you a long way. http://www.helminc.com/

jgines
11-29-2004, 04:37 PM
thanks for the help :D