PDA

View Full Version : atr 84 headers,down/up pipe,crossover

jgines
11-24-2004, 09:29 PM
I was planning on purchasing the atr 84 header,down/up pipe,crossover set for my 84 GN. I was also going to order the pitbull 3in exhaust system. the problem is im not to fond of a 2 1/2 in down pipe if im gonna put a 3in exhaust. Is it even possible to do that. Wouldnt the cat need a 2 1/2 in inlet and a 3in outlet? Is there a 3in downpipe available?If so where can I get it? is there a high flow cat available like that?doesnt more air flow = more power. i live in ca, and the guy i got the car from said it wouldnt pass smog. thats why im changing all parts related to the emissions. Im not planning on racing it but want to get the car to be as fast as i can get but still be street legal. So That I can eat some cobras for dinner!! If any body out there can help me with this problem please reply. And if anybody has a suggestions feel free to let me know. Your input and suggestions are greatly appreciated. :D Sorry guys if I sound stupid for asking these questions, :( but I am new to this highly complex car. And would love to be able to enjoy it just as much as you guys are :cheers:

ngianop
12-03-2004, 06:15 PM
I believe Mease makes a 3" DP. I bought a used Lee Thompson that's a little less than 3" ID and is a 2-piece. A 3" DP can be a tight fit from what I hear. Might make spark plug work difficult too. I've also read that ATR's 3" single exhaust is pretty loud. Check the vendor list on this site.

I bought ATR's 2.5" dual exhaust system a while ago for my '84 but haven't installed it yet. They sold me a 3" cat-con as well but I couldn't find one listed the other day. Might be worth a call to them - for cat-con recommendations at least. I noticed that the Lee Thompson DP I got was designed to bolt onto a stock '84 cat-con and the newer cat-con I got from ATR is designed for a slip-joint connection. Something else to consider.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

Nick

jgines
12-03-2004, 09:23 PM
thanks for the info nick
:cheers: