PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol Injection

Fast_t_type
04-24-2007, 08:16 PM
who makes a good kit for Alcohol Injection. what features should I look for in a kit.
Thanks
Paul

PaCemkr86
04-24-2007, 08:27 PM
http://www.alcohol-injection.com/ <----installed a few of these and i like em alot..

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/buick-grand-national-progressive-kit-p-13.html

http://www.smcenterprises.com/ <-----this one is in daily driver GN.. works great

www.alkycontrol.com <--- i have this unit in my ttype

i have personally tried all 3 of these kits and they work great.. it really come down to cost of preference..
The SMC kit does have its own built in 3 bar map sensor in the controller

Royal-T
04-24-2007, 09:22 PM
JULIO "THE" DON at alkycontrol.com great product, great customer service... my brothers and i ALL have his kit. We were in his first 15-20 units ever produced/sold and have loved it ever since. He has since expanded and sells kits for other applications as well. I GUARANTEE you will love it :yesnod: Aaron

UNDER-PRESSURE
04-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Alkycontrol.com for the alky kit & Turbo Tweak for an Alky chip. The 2 products work GREAT together.

Fast_t_type
04-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Phil you have installed all three of the kits and have two out of the three kits. If you where to buy a third kit for a car that is more than just a daily driver, already has a 3 bar map and a trans pro which kit out of the three would you buy.

PaCemkr86
04-25-2007, 05:14 PM
the dual nozzle version from these guys..
http://www.alcohol-injection.com/buick-grand-national-progressive-kit-p-13.html

installs very easy... and the controller is small and easy to hide or mount..

Fast_t_type
04-25-2007, 11:04 PM
I was kinda hopin that you would have pick one from the three LOL

PaCemkr86
04-25-2007, 11:06 PM
it is .. its the Devils Own... its an excellent system... its the first one i posted

Fast_t_type
04-25-2007, 11:12 PM
sorry buddy I was a little slow on that one. just give me a :bslap: Just wondering why you went with the other systems. :dunno:

PaCemkr86
04-25-2007, 11:20 PM
well i do work at a dyno on the weekends, and we wanted to try them all out.. they perform well and they all got the job done.. i really just comes down to preference, price ,

Fast_t_type
04-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the help. I like the two that you have. I have read them all. I like the set up on them better. I will just have to put names in a hat. LOL

PaCemkr86
04-26-2007, 09:58 PM
be sure and keep up posted which one you go with and how ya like it

Fast_t_type
04-30-2007, 09:00 PM
well I looked at them and I've made my choice. Drum roll please.........Devils Own. Now then... the only question is what the diff between the dual nozzle version or the singal nozzle version....besides it has two nozzles insted of one. Isn't two nozzles over kill?

PaCemkr86
04-30-2007, 10:59 PM
i depends on your set up "how much boost and timing".. a single m14 nozzle was enough for the 87 Limited that made 508HP

just recently switched over to dual M10's... havent been back to the dyno yet..

Overboost
05-01-2007, 04:04 PM
I went with the SMC kit. it should support my 26 PSI that I want to run. after that its all overkill for me. 11.0's are my goal.

Fast_t_type
05-01-2007, 05:38 PM
well I'm planning on running what ever a stock block will take with out it comin apart down the track. I have the trans pro so I have know idea what the max timing that I will be able to run. the turbo that I have is as big as you can make a stock turbo be.have made lots of mods to car. everything but ported heads and the bottom end with stock welded headers

Fast_t_type
05-04-2007, 03:57 PM
well I orded the kit today. Should be here this comming Friday. I 'll hopfully be picking it up on Saturday. I found a local Devilsown Authorized Dealer here in Ontario. He is just about an hour and a half away tops. So when it comes in I'm goin to go and pick it up.
Paul

warren
05-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Hi, was wondering if you could let me know where the dealer was in Ontario? I am looking at picking up the same kit.
Thanks

PaCemkr86
05-07-2007, 10:59 PM
you can always post up here and find if there is more then one devilsown vendor in Canada

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/forum/

ed39
05-08-2007, 05:25 PM
how efficient are these systems. how much alky dose it take to build up boost and hold it there. and how expensive is it ware can ya get alky at???

Fast_t_type
05-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Click this link or cut and paste it. Scroll the about the bottem it will tell you the dealers in Canada. I put this link up so other people can see all the dealers if they don't live in Canada.
http://www.alcohol-injection.com/dealers-list-i-8.html
As for ed39's question it not used to build boost. Its used to add some fuel to the air and cool the air charge down after the inercooler to help with detanation so you can run more timing and boost with pump gas. Thats just a quick answer on this use. I'll try to add more later or some eles can add it for me I'm already late so I have to run sorry for the quick answer
Paul

PaCemkr86
05-08-2007, 08:37 PM
how efficient are these systems. very they work extremly well when tuned for an alky setup

how much alky dose it take to build up boost and hold it there
the alky systems are boost sensitive and progessive.. for instance, of you just roll into the boost the alky starts spraying slow and rises with boost.
and if you romp it hard and hit boost fast, the alky comes on fast..

and how expensive is it ware can ya get alky at??? you can get a gallon of denatured alky at Home Depot for 9-10 bucks and its lasts a few weeks.. or you can buy 5 gallon container of methanol for most petroleum compaines

PaCemkr86
09-23-2007, 10:30 PM
I went with the SMC kit. it should support my 26 PSI that I want to run. after that its all overkill for me. 11.0's are my goal.

i also really like this system from SMC, its the easiest to install and with its own built in 3 bar map sensor, makes it a snap to tune from the drivers seat

here are some installed pics of the SMC dual nozzle kit i have on the daily driver GN

PaCemkr86
09-23-2007, 10:32 PM
second pic

PaCemkr86
09-23-2007, 10:33 PM
here is a pic of the dual nozzle setup on my Ttype

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z250/pacemkr86/IMG_2209.jpg

turbopowered68
10-01-2007, 07:36 AM
My dumb question
First install the alky kit the traditional way then add an extra nozzle at inlet of the intercooler would this help the over all system if you spray some (a very very small amount)alky at the inlet of the stock location intercooler to help prevent it from getting heat soaked.

It would probably help get some oil out of the intercooler.
But if to much is put in it can also puddle in it

PaCemkr86
10-01-2007, 06:43 PM
good question.. i dont know the answer to that one..

Bob Davies
10-10-2007, 11:47 PM
JULIO "THE" DON at alkycontrol.com great product, great customer service... my brothers and i ALL have his kit. We were in his first 15-20 units ever produced/sold and have loved it ever since. He has since expanded and sells kits for other applications as well. I GUARANTEE you will love it :yesnod: Aaron

I installed one of Alkycontrol's kits. Excellent quality, GREAT instructions, and the car pulls hard. I think his kit was the first "kit" I ever received that had EVERYTHING I needed to do the job; EVERYTHING was in there and the quality was top notch. I have no experience with the other kits mentioned on this thread, but Julio's kit and service are first rate.

Bob

Grumpy
10-15-2007, 05:46 AM
I installed one of Alkycontrol's kits. Excellent quality, GREAT instructions, and the car pulls hard. I think his kit was the first "kit" I ever received that had EVERYTHING I needed to do the job; EVERYTHING was in there and the quality was top notch. I have no experience with the other kits mentioned on this thread, but Julio's kit and service are first rate.

Bob

can't beat Julio's system and his support .. Melissa just ran 9.94@138.14 in street trim Friday :)