PDA

View Full Version : S10 Rear Cylinder Upgrade

turbopower1987
04-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Can anyone tell me how much better is it the S10 conversion with the larger soft shoes rear and softer pads on the front? Mainly asking for launching the car at the strip. Is it a major diff.? The reason I ask is because I have a disability and cannot powerbrake the car and do not want to put a trans brake in the car. I have line-locks on both the front and rear of my GN with a switch that flips up for my to lock the front (burnout) then down to lock all 4 wheels. Problem is I can't build boost off the line because the brakes start to slip and I red light. So is it worth my time time change to the S10 brakes?

Keller
04-25-2007, 03:52 PM
I highly recommend this mod. Very easily done. Not sure it will lock the rear brakes well without direct pedal pressure, though.

Not sure I would suggest soft sheos on the front unless this is a drag-only car. I usually get the best shoes I can find on the front. You need them to haul the car down from racing speeds at the track, and most of your braking is done with the front shoes.

turboadict
05-16-2007, 12:53 PM
I would also highly recomend the S10 ones. If you can get brake application pressure they work very well. With these cylinders, normal shoes and hoosiers I can hold 12# boost easily at the track.