PDA

View Full Version : Converting a turbo tweak street chip to an alcohol chip?

kna4977
04-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Is this possible? It appears that the user adjustable features are as follows:

1. WOT fuel overall (inclds 1st gear) -20% to +20 % (BLM range 102-154) defaults 0 and 128 higher than 128 adds fuel less than 128 subtracts it 1 number increase or decrease from 128 adds or subtracts 0.8% fuel

2. WOT fuel 1st gear offset same ranges as above mainly for 60' times increase or decrease the same as 1, but it is added or subtracted to any adjustment made to 1

3. WOT spark timing 1st/2nd gear -9 to + 9 degrees from default (BLM range 102-154 with 102 as -9 & 154 as + 9) each # change in BLM from the default 128 adds or subtracts 0.35 degrees in timing

4. WOT spark timing 3rd/4th gear same as 3, but different gear

I messed with #1 yesterday just to see how easy this is. Not bad and it returns to normal if you reset the ECM.

My questions are, what is the difference between these parameters on the street chip and an alcohol chip? In other words, what would WOT fuel and timing be set at on an alcohol chip, and what would they be set at on a street chip? Could I simply make changes to these parameters on my street chip so that my car will run like it has an alcohol chip in it eventhough I still have a street chip, or is there more to it? thanks

PaCemkr86
04-28-2007, 03:33 PM
to be honest i dont know.. id ask Eric.. im pretty sure an alky chip has more timming in it.. but i dont know what else Eric does... But what ever it is.. it works

kna4977
04-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Just in case anyone else on here running a street chip was wondering the same thing......Here's the reply I got from Eric at turbo tweak

Matt,
In your case, since you have stock injectors, there's not a whole lot you need to do with fueling. The stock injectors are maxed at WOT and usually there's no reason to change that when adding alky.
So the only thing you have left is timing, boost, and alcohol to play with. You can use the street chip as is, and start increasing boost when you have the alky on. You can typically run around 22-23psi with a stock turbo on alky. Try to keep the O2's in the 750-800 area without knock, adjust alky if necessary. If you get the boost that high and there is no knock on the scantool, then you can start increasing timing in 1/2 gear to increase power. Typically you can run around 23-24 degrees in 1/2. Then move on to 3/4 timing, typically you can run 21-22 degrees.
Slowly work your way up and see how it goes.

edit: Your street chip timing default is 20/18*.

Regards,
Eric

PaCemkr86
04-29-2007, 12:19 PM
nice info.. is the alky kit on the way?

kna4977
04-29-2007, 01:10 PM
nice info.. is the alky kit on the way?

It would be if SMC had a way to order it online......should be tomorrow