PDA

View Full Version : title

turbomonte
05-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Is a title and vin dash plate for a 86 gn worth any thing?

kna4977
05-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Is a title and vin dash plate for a 86 gn worth any thing?

I'm sure it probably is.....the best way to find out is to put it on e-bay and find out.....you get the largest audience there

LeSabre T-Type
05-09-2007, 10:06 PM
its also very illegal. so ebay may not be the best option. and make sure that the miles reported on the vin your selling are less than that on the car its going on or else you could have problems if someone does a carfax. It might say odometer rollback or something.

kna4977
05-12-2007, 05:11 PM
its also very illegal. so ebay may not be the best option. and make sure that the miles reported on the vin your selling are less than that on the car its going on or else you could have problems if someone does a carfax. It might say odometer rollback or something.

There are so many crooked people on e-bay, you're sure to attract someone.

turbomonte
05-12-2007, 08:13 PM
:innocent: aren't most cars that old miles exempt?

turbofish38
05-14-2007, 04:50 PM
The big problem with eBay is that you cant sell just the title. You have to sell a real car. Selling the VIN or just the title is against the rules.

Okay stupid question time. What happened to the car and is the title now labeled as scrapped or salvage? I do this all of the time with parts cars. I have a yard that takes cars without titles. I put the real VIN on a bill of sale so if somebody bothers to check it doesn't come up as stolen. And I also have the VIN tags. Someday I may want to re-VIN some tubs as legit turbo cars. The guys down at the yard tell me that the state goes through the bill of sales and those cars are now officially scrapped and no way in heck can I retitle them. I dont know. I'm going to have to wait and see when the time comes to put plates on them. I can go on line to the states homepage and check titles and they still come up as legit.

turbomonte
05-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Car Was Wrecked And The Owner Got It From The Insurance Companey Kept The Original Tittle No Salve On Tittle.i Picked The Car Up Throught A Third Owner For The Drivetrain.was Never Retilttled.

Bobhebert
05-20-2007, 01:50 AM
Ive had a few guys e mail me trying to buy a good 86/87 vin tag , I was offered as high as $500 for one. I wouldnt sell one personally. Its not worth the risk.

I'd be very carefull what you do with the vin tag. I believe its a Federal offense to retag a car. And possibly to sell the tag/title minus the car. E bay would never allow it because its illegal.