PDA

View Full Version : no spark...

turbogn86
11-28-2004, 12:28 AM
hey guys, i just got done putting my motor back together with the postons hi-performance rebuild kit... an it wont fire... turns over but will not fire. we have a new TE-44 turbo, after market water temp guage, bigger injectors, adjustable regulator, bigger cam, new exahust, and new chip from turbo tweak, everything appears to be connected all the fuses are good an well im kina in the dark here... what can be unplugged that i may have missed that will not let it get sparks (yes the coil/ignition is hooked up)?coil an ignition module are good too. sensor, hose, wire???

Keller
11-28-2004, 04:30 AM
You may have the crank sensor on the wrong slot. Its made with two keyways, and one will not work.

Put a timing light on it to see if you have any spark at all, or it it is just off time.

turbogn86
11-28-2004, 02:40 PM
it is not sending the signal to the ignition module to spark. where is the other slot?

Keller
11-29-2004, 12:29 AM
Look carefully at the sensor. It has 2 slots. Only one slot is the right one. The other one will not work.

turbogn86
11-29-2004, 06:01 PM
just curious but do ya have a pic?

Cortes_Frank
12-25-2004, 01:04 AM
Had the same problem with my 84 t type i rebuild the motor bought all new sensors and ignition module and coil pack and a brand new ecm and didnt have spark and my injectors wouldnt light up i loosened the bolt on the cam sensor and adjusted it and had someone turn key and finally got it to start. try adjusting cam sensor. Hope ya get it going i went through hell with mine. good luck EZFrank :thumbsup:

turbogn86
01-11-2005, 08:29 PM
OK the best advice u will ever hear, DONT USE THE MODULES FROM ADVANCE AUTO, AUTO ZONE OR ANY PARTS STORE. they are crap i hate them.. yes u got it, i ordered a GM module an the beast cranked right up. :cheers: :crackup:

problem solved. make it a sticky anyone who does a rebuild needs to use a GM ignition module. IT IS WORTH IT I PROMISE, 2 months an several hundred dollars later, i found that out.

GNXDad
01-15-2005, 01:42 PM
OK the best advice u will ever hear, DONT USE THE MODULES FROM ADVANCE AUTO, AUTO ZONE OR ANY PARTS STORE. they are crap i hate them.. yes u got it, i ordered a GM module an the beast cranked right up. :cheers: :crackup:

problem solved. make it a sticky anyone who does a rebuild needs to use a GM ignition module. IT IS WORTH IT I PROMISE, 2 months an several hundred dollars later, i found that out.

Yep, posted that in another thread too! :cheers:

Went through alot of :banghead: trying to figure out why the tach stopped working. GM ONLY on that one.

turbogn86
01-15-2005, 11:58 PM
lol o well maybe everyone will get the point... :cheers:

Keller
01-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Just out of curiosity, what was the part number of the bad unit. We can post it on the website as a DO NOT USE item.