PDA

View Full Version : thinking alky

turbo87
05-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Been doing alot of ready about alky i want to know can u run an alky system on a stock motor no mods done at all i am thinking on getting the smc one but need to know if i need to change anything else i am guessing a chip?Any answers would be helpful

Overboost
05-07-2007, 06:53 PM
as I quickly learned the hard way. it will work great on a stock motor/chip setup, just be sure to TUNE CORRECTLY and tune it first. dont toss alky at it and excpect it to work miricles. it must be dialed in before you start upping boost and such.

PaCemkr86
05-07-2007, 06:56 PM
as I quickly learned the hard way. it will work great on a stock motor/chip setup, just be sure to TUNE CORRECTLY and tune it first. dont toss alky at it and excpect it to work miricles. it must be dialed in before you start upping boost and such.
excellent post.. :tup:

turbo87
05-07-2007, 07:17 PM
I wasn't planning on raising the boost past 15 pounds what i want to have the car run cooler and then in the future if i plan on going to more upgrades i have the sytem there but of course will have to be tuned my worry was that it wouldn't run at all on a stock motor thanks you for the fast responce and looking forward to installing the alky system just out of curiosty what chip would you guys recomend if i was going to change it ?

PaCemkr86
05-07-2007, 07:20 PM
if you get an alky system you cant go wrong with an
ALKY chip from

www.turbotweak.com

the 2 just seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly :tup:

turbo87
05-07-2007, 07:22 PM
if you get an alky system you cant go wrong with an
ALKY chip from

www.turbotweak.com

the 2 just seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly :tup:
you guys are awsome and fast already ordered my alky chip and system thank you for the very fast responce

PaCemkr86
05-07-2007, 07:45 PM
badass.. your chip might take a little while to get there cause Eric "turbotweak guy" is going to be at the Buick Nationals this week

PaCemkr86
05-07-2007, 07:53 PM
PS..

SMC kits are very nice, easy to install and tune.. i run a dual nozzle SMC system on my daily driver GN .