PDA

View Full Version : the hooker super comp

Carnag3
05-10-2007, 05:26 PM
I have just ordered the hooker 2,5" dual system for my 87 GN. The stock exhaust is actually in good condition since its only a 28k car, and has been stored for several years, so I want to ceep it for later. one of the reasons I bought the hooker system is that I didn't want to use new hangers and start drilling a bunch of new holes under my car. Does anyone have any experiences with this? Do I actually have to drill holes and use other hangers, or will it fit just like the stock system?

dvsgn
05-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Yes ,i bought the same set from summit. Ther is 2 holes to drill for the intermediate hangers (ahead of the axle) . Not a big deal .theres a good spot there to drill. .And i think i might have have to drill 2 holes on each frame rail.,
for the last hangers where the tailpipes exit , again , not a big deal . You can always plug those holes in the future for your SHOW car ,. good luck .THese hooker sound pretty good .you'll like em .

Carnag3
05-21-2007, 04:27 PM
yes, I noticed that on friday, when i got the system home. no big deal really. but thanks.