PDA

View Full Version : powermaster going crazy please help

Spoolin
06-04-2007, 05:30 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well to start off when I first got the car the brake light and pump stayed on way to long, never even shutting off sometimes, also would get a hard pedal every now and then. I ran the diagnostics and it led me to believe the pump needed to be replaced, after replacing the pump, things go a little better but still taking a bit too long for the brake light and pump to shut off leading me to believe the accumulator also needed replacing. I havent replaced the accum but the other day I pulled it out of the garage and all the sudden it had a really hard pedal and the pump was not coming on at all, never did this before. After removing and reinstalling the pump a second time it ran again but now wont shut off at all no matter how long it ran. At this point I noticed also that the passenger (pump) side of the resevior was not lowering. I disconnected the feed line coming out of the pump and the pump was pumping fluid, so it's working fine, but fluid was flowing back into the passenger side of the resevior through the back bottom hole of the resevior on the passenger side, would this mean the the master cylinder is shot and need replacing/rebuild? I need to know if it's the accum or the master cylinder, please give me and input you can....also where can I find the best price on a new master cylinder or a rebuild kit?

zeus87gn
06-04-2007, 08:55 PM
...and the pump was pumping fluid, so it's working fine, but fluid was flowing back into the passenger side of the resevior through the back bottom hole of the resevior on the passenger side, would this mean the the master cylinder is shot and need replacing/rebuild?
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but - yes. You PowerMaster is dead. The fluid flowing back into the bowl is direct indication of an internal leak. Seems to be more and more typical of these units as time progresses. Time for a fresh unit.

You can rebuild it yourself if you have the 3 t's - time, tools and talent. More importantly, the correct directions. If you don't have all of them, don't bother trying a rebuild. A new acc ball will cost you close to $200, a rebuild kit will be almost another $100. Without knowing how much you have run your replacement motor, it's hard to tell if it's still good. They are almost $200 new. Was this motor you got new or just a replacement from somewhere?

If you look at the costs I have listed, it may be best to get a complet unit. Kirbans has the best deal going right now from what I have researched. Check out his website.
http://www.kirbanperformance.com/

Spoolin
06-04-2007, 09:42 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but - yes. You PowerMaster is dead. The fluid flowing back into the bowl is direct indication of an internal leak. Seems to be more and more typical of these units as time progresses. Time for a fresh unit.

You can rebuild it yourself if you have the 3 t's - time, tools and talent. More importantly, the correct directions. If you don't have all of them, don't bother trying a rebuild. A new acc ball will cost you close to $200, a rebuild kit will be almost another $100. Without knowing how much you have run your replacement motor, it's hard to tell if it's still good. They are almost $200 new. Was this motor you got new or just a replacement from somewhere?

If you look at the costs I have listed, it may be best to get a complet unit. Kirbans has the best deal going right now from what I have researched. Check out his website.
http://www.kirbanperformance.com/

I believe the pump should be fine, I didnt run it very long periods of time, I was hoping to just replace the MC as I already purchased the pump and it is new and i dont believe the problem is the accum now. I dont know, I'll search around and see what I cant find, thanks for the help