PDA

View Full Version : S-10 to GN conversion???

starwalt12
06-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Hello all,

I was a member of the gnttype group back when it was just a mailing list and the decal was the "I", after a long break I decided to come back now that I need a new project. I had a 1984 GN, bought it not running and being the "youngster" I was at the time, decided Instead of making it run and being happy with it for a while I needed to make it as fast as godly possible. Well that broke me and car got sold before I got it done.

New Project::idea:

Turn my 99 S-10 into a "GN", paint it black fabricate a hood with a funny looking dent in the hood, emblems, and sure the heart and soul of a TR too. the engine with the over grown hair dryer. The works.

Question is: Has anybody seen/heard of this before. I think it would be rather "nifty". Anyway I will soon start looking for necessary materials to get this going. Great to see most of the old members still around. All opinions are welcome on this, positive and negative.

Thanks,
Jason

Keller
06-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Been done many times. Here is, perhaps, one of the first.

http://www.sportmachines.com/magrack/truck_sport_utility_2-93_1.html

I really don't think it takes firewall and frame work. You just might have to get creative with intercooler and header plumbing.

starwalt12
06-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Frame work was the big one that had me somewhat concerned. Is there anybody that has a pic or two of a TR motor going into an S-10? Be great to see something to get an idea of the kind of work that im getting myslef into.

socalgn
06-08-2007, 11:21 AM
The article stated they moved the firewall 3" back for the A/C and I/C. No A/C and a front mount with alky should do the trick.....

Keller, whatever happend to that truck?

Keller
06-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Haven't been by his shop in about a year, but it had been licensed, driven, and used regularly. It was often parked outside, and not maintained as a 'showpiece'.

Mike is quite a craftsman, a master welder, and always thinking of new ideas. He actually hacked together the intercoolers for Buddy Ingersoll's 7-second TR back in the 80's - out of regular TR intercoolers welded together! And those are actually hanging up in his shop.

Buddy actually showed up during one of our local meetings while he was working with the Dodge Pro-Stock truck program. He had just stopped by to say "hi" to Mike.

More on Buddy's car at http://www.gnttype.org/misc/ingersoll.html