PDA

View Full Version : frame up restore??how much would it cost.

T-Type85David
06-07-2007, 06:36 PM
looking under the car, some rust but not to bad for a car from the mid 80's. I just wanted to know before i got body work done, how much does a frame up cost?? With that said what shoud i get along with it, ES bushings, body mounts etc.. I know it depends who you take it to or who you know really. I just wanted a ball part figure, anyone here get a frame up restore?

kna4977
06-07-2007, 11:49 PM
I haven't had it done, but have contemplated it. It greatly depends on what you start with. As good a care as most of the TR's have had and the plentiful supply of aftermarket parts I would think it would be much cheaper than most frame up restorations. I would expect to pay around $5-$7K if done right. And that's frame up, not frame off, and basically just a refurbishing replacing only necessary minor components (fresh paint, weatherstrip, re-chroming wheels, steering wheel re-wrap...and so forth and so on)....It all depends on what you start with and the extent you want to go to, NOS vs reproduction parts etc.....Naturally if you get in to rebuilding or replacing major components such as engines and transmissions, your $$$$ will increase very quickly.....So the answer is it depends.......

T-Type85David
06-08-2007, 01:59 AM
This was my brothers car, he bought it back in 92 and used it until 95. After that it has been kept in garage until 06. I had to put my nova away and the t-type had to come out. No room don't even what the chevelle in plain sight. The body is ok just looks like surface rust. So as far as the frame up i mean just repaint the frame and replace body bushings. How much would this cost??

kna4977
06-08-2007, 02:26 PM
This was my brothers car, he bought it back in 92 and used it until 95. After that it has been kept in garage until 06. I had to put my nova away and the t-type had to come out. No room don't even what the chevelle in plain sight. The body is ok just looks like surface rust. So as far as the frame up i mean just repaint the frame and replace body bushings. How much would this cost??

It will cost you 2-3K for a decent quality paint job on the body if the body is decent and needing only minimal body work. Or there's always Maaco. You could always get them to do it for $500, and they'll paint dirt, frame, glass, wheels and all. You get what you pay for. Not sure why you would want to repaint just the frame, but that sounds like something that would be hard to hire out, so you would probably have to do that yourself. Body bushings are available from Kirban performance for around $300. I would say if you did all that yourself it would take you quite a few hours and probably cost you $500 in supplies. If you can find someone to take the job it will most likely cost at least double to do it. HTH

T-Type85David
06-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Sounds good, thanks guys

jcawley3
06-10-2007, 08:50 PM
My body bushing's were replaced about 6 months ago..(2 months before I bought it) I'm waiting on the guy I bought it from to call me I'll find out what he paid and post up as soon as I know