PDA

View Full Version : Non-AC Heater Box

Heg1987T
06-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Hello,

I have removed the AC in my car but want something more factory than the flat block-off plate.

Does anyone have any experience or information on transplanting a 1978 non-AC heater box into a 1987 turbo car? Do the ducts inside the dash line-up? Will the non-AC controls function in the '87?

Dave Hegenauer
1987 Regal T Turbo
Rodney, MI

turbofish38
06-12-2007, 04:21 PM
I have the AC delete in my 82 Regal 455. Its a straight foward swap more or less. You need to replace everything associated with the HVAC which includes all of the ducts behind the dash. On that system to two outer ducts aren't used as there are two floor vents that take thier place. The controls bolt in place and there is just one wire connector(same one used for the AC) to power up the system. You'll need to fab up some new heater hoses for the IC turbo has the heater core sits closer towards the fender. Its not really hard but time consuming. The hardest part of this, is pulling the dash pad out and getting everything working once it's put back in.

Heg1987T
06-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks! That's kind of what I thought. I will have to think about if I want to go to all that trouble or just put the flat plate on the firewall...

Dave Hegenauer
1987 Regal T Turbo
Rodney, MI