PDA

View Full Version : 1987 GN t-top many mods-up-grades. Needs little.

Whittaker
06-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Hi, This is what info I can remember off hand I have it written some place. 1987 GN t-top 120,000 miles.

I have new NOS headlight bezels whick are not made any more and turn signal/corner lens new NOS. It has a few custom chips, with an LS1 MAF sensor and translator. It has a Scanmaster for tuning as well. Most Autometer pro-comp gauges. I have new upper door panels, new carpet, seat upholstery on the original re-covered buckets. I have not put the interior back in yet I have a few more sheets of Dyna-mat to install and then put the carpet followed by seats and it will need a headliner. T-tops need the new rubbers put in which I have all the pieces and info booklets to put in. I will get to it soon. Like new tires Dunlops I believe. The back are 275 or bigger on the farctory chrome/steel wheels. They fill the wheel well. I have new body mounts and suspension bushings and a larger front sway bar. Bilstien shocks the good ones not the cheap ones. I have all new hoses some on the car, new dual electric fans it has a lager core radiator in it. I has a front mount ESP intercooler. It has a brand new turbo. It is a dual ball bearing turbo from ESP but is a P-trim I believe with liquid cooled center cection GT6776 I think or it is the 61mm P-trim. It spools fast and acts like a larger turbo but needs less stall. New actuator. It has a 70mm throttle body and Accufab upper plenum and port matched lower intake. New 60lb Motron injectors and matching chip ajdustable fuel pressure regulator. New Holley fuel pump will support 600 HP. I have the biggie oil filter adapter and an RJC power plate not on yet. KN air filter. Hooker Super comp headers. Supposed to have a 3K 9.5" stall does feel tighter. Non lock up. Has billet servo. All the factory oil coolers in place. Working electric brake booster. PW, PL, PS, power drivers seat with new switch. Anti window ratlle kits not in yet. Slotted and dimpled rotors. New Eibach lowering springs. $500+ pioneer stero not in yet. I may keep that. 2004r trans stock 3.42, 8.5 inch rear. line lock. SFI flex plate, new cam senor, crank sensor, spark control module, ignition module, wires plugs. Engine has been recently rebuilt not by me and is running strong. Although since doing the interior I have not run it yet since then. Did run great. Needs full tune to run the best does run great as is though. I have new cast aluminum Buick 6 power valve covers and an extra set of heads with some port work and larger valve easily a 50hp gain from a head swap. I would yank the flat tappet cam in it. it is a performance grind and I personally go hyd roller cam. Just me. Lager up pipe and 3" down pipe with larger elbow and dump with test tube for out the pass enger side. Dual 2 or 2.5 out the back with Dyno-max mufflers.

Down side is the car has a poor drivers quality paint job but the bumper fillers ect are nice. Front header panel has hairline cracks but nothing major. I had to replace the factory drivers side floor pan. I did so with another floor from a rust free car out of KS. I have passeger spare floor but don't need it. I mig welded it all and re-inforced all of the floor. Coated with POR-15 to kill and stop rust. The floor rot was from leaky T-tops. Under side sealed and under coated to stop the rust and protect my welds. Full Dyno-matunder drivers/passenger front floors working our way back. Under rear seats solid and will eventually get Dyno-mat. THe car drives and handles great. Needs those t-top seals and door window weather strips which I have.

I'm sure there is more. Most stuff on the car but I'm finishing the rest as I get the time. At some point it really needs a re-paint but looks OK for now. They didn't do the needed prep work. Lots of other parts.

Check the book value and I have several thousand in up-grades I'm in no hurry to sell but I like 66s and I prefer my old cars to newer stuff.
This car has been increasing in value since I got it and should continue. it is an 87 with a clear car title in my name.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/554534933aOsjZE?start=56

It should easily run in the 11s faster in methanol. They are very fast cars.

Rob
217-649-3523

217-344-1865

rowdy45466@insightbb.com

I'm interested in possible trades. Nice monte SS or 1964-72 GM a-body especially Chevelles and station wagons. Really want a 69 with the 3rd row seating.

big dutch
06-18-2007, 06:09 PM
hey how much are you selling for?

Whittaker
06-18-2007, 10:32 PM
$9,000.00 or less if you show up with cash soon.

Rob

big dutch
06-18-2007, 10:52 PM
where abouts in IL are you?

Whittaker
06-19-2007, 09:13 AM
East central. Champaign/Urbana. I 74 east west runs through town and I 57 north south is on the edge of town. 2-3 hours south of Chicagom 1.5 hours east of Peoria, and 2 hours west of Indianapolis, IN. Also 3 hours north east of St. Louis, MO.

pugads650
06-20-2007, 02:26 AM
would you be interested in my 1994 camaro z28 it has the following mods

1.lt4 conversion heads,intake,cam 25k soft miles
2.gmpp roller rockers
3.tci 3500 stall converter 10k miles
4.built 4l60e trans with shiftkit 25k soft miles
5.baer brakes track kit
6.edel brock tes headers
7.texas speed performance (tsp) exhaust very loud
8.52 mm throttle body
9.slp cold air intake
10.1le sway bars
11.1900 trans cooler
12.pcm for less tune
13.bilstien shock
14.lt4 knock module
15.compleatly done in dynamate so its the quitest fbody around
16.spair set of ttops

spair parts included with the car

1.new alternator
2.spair door panels
3.spair compleate hatch if you want it
4.stock delco/bose speakers
5.stock intake sytem with a k&n filter
6.stock headers

the car runs great the only problem the paint is 13 years old so it not a show piece its a good 10 footer thou.

Whittaker
06-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Do you have pictures of it and what kind of wheels/rims tires does it have? Is the bottom end stock?

Leather or cloth interior?

send pics to rowdy45466@insightbb.com

Rob

pugads650
06-20-2007, 08:24 PM
the bottom end is stock and rebuilt with stock parts the lt4 conversion was installed at 85k miles and the car currently has 115k miles the interior is cloth if you need more info just reply.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m273/pugads650/CIMG1105.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m273/pugads650/CIMG1109.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m273/pugads650/CIMG1108.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m273/pugads650/CIMG1106.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m273/pugads650/CIMG1104.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m273/pugads650/CIMG1103.jpg

hooptyb
06-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Do you still have the car? Its exactly what I have been looking for. Would you take $9000 with the stereo?

Whittaker
06-22-2007, 02:44 PM
If you have the $$$ then yes it is still for sale. I'll let the stereo go as well. It is all new in the Box Pioneer with EOL I think lighting. It was kind of expensive from Crutchfiel but it is a nice unit. If you want specifics I can give them. I have been contacted about a potential trade so if you are interested give me a call and we can set up something for you to view it.