PDA

View Full Version : test pipe

gtype
06-18-2007, 07:36 PM
anybody have any pictures of a test pipe installed on their car? trying to see a setup before I take it to the exhaust shop. On my car the test pipe comes right out to the y-pipe in the exhaust so I'm thinking the exhaust shop would have to fab up another y pipe in order to make it fit. Or myabe cut the downpipe to give more clearance? any info/pics would help.

Thanks,

WH1Regal
06-20-2007, 06:14 PM
I replaced my stock catalytic converter with a test pipe for a while. It was nice, but here in Maine we have a visual state inspection. I purchased this high flow cat from a TR vendor and would install it, get inspected, then put the test pipe back on. Eventually I just left the cat on...it flows well, I'm happy with the performance of the car, so I'll keep the test pipe for future testing.

So...below is a picture of my installed cat, and my test pipe below it. I got the test pipe from eBay. I do need stainless exhaust clamps though...these regular ones are owning me. Two clamps on the down pipe, 4 bolts for the Y pipe.

http://members.aol.com/regal231/cat.jpg

gtype
06-20-2007, 06:50 PM
yea what had happened was the previous owner removed the cat so there was no flange there, straight pipe. I was missing that rectangular flange. I went ahead and ordered a 3 inch circular 4 bolt flange to weld to my y pipe. Hopefully I will get all this to fit