PDA

View Full Version : Stock Posi vs. Powertrax No-Slip Drop In

mschaffer66
06-23-2007, 11:20 PM
I've got a lead on a used stocker for $200+shipping, and a used Powertrax for $270 shipped.

Which would you guys go for? The Powertrax is about $50 more...but easier IMHO to put in....but is it as strong?

Let me know :)

Thanks

monzaz
06-25-2007, 12:20 PM
PLEASE be careful with used power trax units...They will almost give you a headache everytime. I do this for a living and the power trax unit are great when you install them correct from the get go. ALL use lock right and power trax unit always have occured extra work or have NOT performed correct when bought USED...I think people just through them in and do not check tolerences and then they get chewed up fast because of this and then are sold on EBAY and try to get some money back.

The original unit will more that do the job and is rebuildable as far as the clutches go ....Spider gears are not available now. Make sure ou check the spider gears well for galling or pitting and or heavy depression wear.

The power trax is a good unit...BUT like I said buyer beware. At least if the posi does not work it is probably only clucthes and is fixable. IF the power trax is not working it is MOST LIKELY JUNK!

I can also get you a brand NEW eaton type posi unit for your 8.5 or 7.5 for about 389.99 if that does anything for you. BRAND NEW WILL WORK EVERYTIME! :)

Good luck with your flip of the coin... Hope it does not end up like this----> :chain: