PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass Parts

87we4
06-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Anyone know where the best place is to buy fiberglass hood and bumpers?

proregal
06-28-2007, 03:38 PM
I BOUGHT MINE AT GLASSTEK FOR MY DRAG CAR REAL NICE FIT !!! www.glasstek.com

87we4
06-28-2007, 05:21 PM
what parts did you buy? i've seen the hood and bumpers before, but never the one piece front end, doors or trunk lid. the car needs to be repainted so i figure whatever i'm going to do, i should do it all at once so everything matches perfectly. the only major question is which pieces to buy since the car is primarily driven on the street. i'm not worried about me wrecking, just other people hitting it in a parking lot, which has happened twice. opinions are much welcomed.

Overboost
06-28-2007, 07:36 PM
I got my bumpers and bumper fillers from danko direct. hood came from poston. all a very nice fit and matches perfect. hood does need some sanding to get rid of the visible layers but otherwise, A-numero-uno parts.

proregal
06-28-2007, 08:34 PM
I bought hood doors bumpers and deck lid everthing looks good fits good
for a street driven car I would not even think about doors and front end. my doors has lexan windows that stay up hood bumpers decklid would be my pick for the street and I would go with all bolt on!!

87we4
06-29-2007, 09:02 PM
ok, so you would stay away from the one piece front end? just wondering since my car was backed into a few years ago and the front fiberglass piece was replaced but was done really crappy. the holes that my headlamp doors bolt into are basically gone so those don't line up quite right. and one of the bumper stops that frame the license plate are gone. so i was thinking it might be better just to buy the one piece front end than fixing that stuff. my doors, rear bumper, and trunk lid are all fine. just the front end has some issues.

87we4
06-29-2007, 09:06 PM
so are poston parts good? i've bought other parts from them and have been happy, plus their customer service seems pretty good. but obviously i will buy where the best fitting parts are.

Overboost
06-30-2007, 05:15 PM
the poston hood is a good piece, you will also need the lighter hood struts for any glass hood to hold it up since the stockers are made for the heavy hood and will break the glass one in half when you go to close it. opps....

87we4
07-02-2007, 09:36 AM
yea that wouldn't be good. thanks.

87we4
07-03-2007, 07:09 PM
anybody know if the bumper, bumper fillers, and header pannel from GBodyparts.com are any good or how they compare to Poston?

proregal
07-03-2007, 08:18 PM
I used danko for the fillers nice fiberglass replacement good fit to!!! they sell them on ebay you can see them there