PDA

View Full Version : Question On Transcooler

JayGord
07-02-2007, 06:17 PM
I am going to be doing a Fbody radiator install on Thursday.
I have bought a seperate oil cooler (and all the other components Listed on the Fbody installl guide that is on this site and turbobuicks.net) and seperate trans cooler

i'm currently not running a external transcooler with my setup so i want to know what to do when installing the new Radiator.

when hooking up the transcooler lines, should I make the the transcooler dedicated to the transmission only or should I do what I saw in this
diagram.---> http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/images/cooler.jpg

running from tranny to cooler to radiator back in tranny?

which cools best if anyone knows....? advantages..?

i've been told to just not use the seperate cooler and run right into the radiator, but i bought this cooler months ago planing on doing the install months ago and never got around to it, lost reciet now stuck with it so i want to use it since i spent the money for it. i daily drive this car alot and want best cooling possible

PaCemkr86
07-02-2007, 06:26 PM
i run mine like a stand alone.. my trans has its own cooler.. seems to work great

Keller
07-02-2007, 07:57 PM
I've run mine like the diagram for a decade or more. For a street driven car, that should be fine. If its going to be raced or heavily beat on, skipping the radiator cooler might be a good choice. The piping involved in doing this with the F-body makes it a little complicated, anyway.

Going through the radiator loop is often done to help get the fluid up to temp quicker and help cool it better at low speeds.

JayGord
07-02-2007, 11:33 PM
thanks, i'll probably do like the diagram shows , the "in line" method.