PDA

View Full Version : 1987 GN 29k miles one owner for sale

MarkL
07-08-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm seling my original owner 1987 Buick Grand National. I purchased it new from Ed MUrphy Buick 3/28/1987. This car is loaded with almost all of the available factory options, moonroof, posi, remote trunk release, etc. It was my daily driver for about a year and a half. After that, it was used only weekends and a yearly trip down to the GSCA Nationals in Kentucky. The interior is extremely clean and the back seat was literally never sat in. It currently has only 29,636 miles on it and hasn't been driven since 1993 (except for a run to the paint shop 10/2004 for a new coat).
As I got more involved with the performance of this car, I started upgrading. It started with little things like a K&N air filter and computer chips. That progressed into more meaningful changes, a CPP TK-1 large turbo, Spearco stock location intercooler and improved exhaust from turbo to tailpipes. It also has dual fuel pumps (one in-tank and one external), a true dual exhaust with Flowmaster 2 chamber race muffs. I also installed a fiberglass hood with GNX style vents and a glass front bumper with lightweight aluminum mounting brackets. Continuing the list is a Hurst Line Lock, adj fuel pressure regulator, 90/10 front drag race shocks, rear race shocks, inflatable rear axle airbags, trunk mounted battery in an aluminum case, K-B ram air, Deltagate adj wastegate with oversized downpipe, aluminum rear end cover with GN logo and rear boxed control arms. I also lightened the car up by not only using the fiberglass, but also replacing the heavy steel stock wheels with lightweight Weld Racing Pro Stars, removing the interior soundproofing, the AC compressor and radio. Everything removed or upgraded was kept, except for the old exhaust and turbo.
I wanted to make this more of a street car than strip racer, especially since most dragstrips make a car that runs in the 11's or quicker have a roll bar/cage installed.
The title is clear and in my possesion. Carfax has only one report from when I passed the emissions 8/5/1992 with 29k miles. So, as you can see, this car has had only a little over 600 miles on it in the last 15 years. I can email you an MS Word file with the list of spare/extra parts. In the interest of full disclosure, I will also list the flaws that I know of. After 20 years, the moonroof is starting to show wear, but still seals well. After installing the oversized downpipe, it rubs somewhere on the frame, which trips the aftermarket knock detector. I think this can be an easy fix if you look under the car. Maybe a couple wraps of exhaust wrap will isolate it? The pass side firewall needs a piece of sheet metal to block the opening from the AC, or you can just put the AC back in instead. The hood struts are depressurized, the pass side visor flips down and I didn't get all of the gauges hooked up. That's all I can think of, which isn't bad for a 20 yr old car. Even though this car is in good shape, it's still being sold as-is and with no warranty. Since I'm losing my storage, and it's never spent a night on the street, I have to sell it. If I put the car back to stock, this would be a 20k Ebay auction car. But I just don't have the time to do anything on this car anymore. And most of this was done 15 years ago, so I'm doing this all by memory.
Since time is running short, I'm pricing this car at just $16,500. This will include all of the extra parts, car cover, manuals, spares, basically everything I have for it.

Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have. Mark.Loehndorf@SBCGlobal.net