PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do good body and paint work on Turbo Regals in Texas?

kna4977
07-16-2007, 04:51 AM
This is more of a general question because my GN doesn't currently need paint, but I am moving away from the shop that does all my paint work on all my cars, and need to find a good shop in TX. Can anyone recommend a good body shop in Texas (preferably near Dallas) that has a good reputation epecially in the Turbo Regal community since so many of these cars had crappy original paint and have required at minimum touch-ups if not entire paint jobs?

dmoberg
07-17-2007, 06:03 PM
I shopped around quite a bit before I finally decided on using FiveStar Collision here in San Antonio. Rich Hanley runs the place and he stands by his work and warranty. I can't say enough about how Rich and his crew went above and beyond to make sure the work was done right and to my satisfaction. You can contact Rich at fivestar@satx.rr.com to get more info. Like I said, I talked to a lot of body shops and got all kinds of different prices - from ridiculously cheap ($1100) to insanely expensive ($8500+). Rich gave me a very reasonable price and I'd recommend his shop to anyone. Just about everyone who stops to look at my GN comments on the nice paint and asks who did the work. I can email some pics if you want to see my results, just let me know.
Dave

AT7WE2
07-17-2007, 08:26 PM
as a matter of fact, I know of two, one in Rowlett and one in Rockwall.

(Rowlett) Burrows Auto Restoration (Randy Burrow) - (972) 412-3908
full-time paint and body shop specializing in classic and muscle car restorations

(Rockwall) Road Runner Liners (Robert Murdock) - 214-373-6225
Robert has many years of custom and restoration paint and body experience, he recently started his own spray-in bed liner business, but is still doing really trick custom paint and body work out of his own shop.

I would recommend contacting either one of these guys to see what you can work out. Tell 'em Rob Pinkston sent ya! :thumbsup:

kna4977
07-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Pics would be great! kna4977@hotmail.com or post em up, if possible, so everyone else can see your ride.