PDA

View Full Version : For all those looking for loud

ed39
08-07-2007, 09:03 PM
i just put the dump pipe on with it open its real loud. sounds a little raspy bigdrone to it. it sounds good wen turbo is on tho. so if your looking for that bad a$$ sound get a dump pipe and open that sucker up. but i think ill end up using the dump for track use only tho. no real hp gain just alot of cool sound

Keller
08-07-2007, 10:38 PM
no real hp gain
If you have a good exhaust, that is the important thing - NO REAL HP GAIN. Why lose the stealth and run around like a teenager in a Honda? Just leave things closed and be nice and quiet as you beat the Brand X'ers down.

Be careful: If your exhaust is not optimal, or you do have a cat, the dump open may increase your boost slightly when open. That may increase horsepower, but if it is higher that you desire, you may also blow head gaskets. Be careful.

ed39
08-08-2007, 12:59 AM
yea the car didnt seem to get up and go as good. i coverd it back up.. but it was pretty sweet to listen to stealth is much better :yesnod:

PhillyTurboSix
08-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Scott is right! With the dump open you'll make more boost hence needing more fuel. I have one of Mark Hueffman's electric dumps on my GN and the car actually runs better with it closed. I run the hooker cat back system. I also noticed my EGT's are higher with the dump open! You would think with it being open the exhaust would get out faster and lower EGT's but it's the other way around. My complete exhaust system is cermatic coated as well. The electric dump is a trick mod to do. :)

ed39
08-09-2007, 08:34 PM
it sounds so cool tho. ill keep it closed stealth is better