PDA

View Full Version : Scan master turns on..then shuts off.?????

87we41087
12-12-2004, 05:28 PM
I have a scan master installed in my 87 WE-4. It was installed before i bought the car so i assume it worked at one point in time. When i turn the unit on, it displays some numbers then shuts off after about 2 seconds. If any one has had this problem or might know what the problem is, please help. thanks alot.

gbsean
12-14-2004, 06:20 PM
check all your connections ground power and the adl....check that the power is hooked up to positive with engine on and not in a acc point or engine crank point.....i had a loose connection had it would come on and off as the car was vibrating.... all connections were tight but the power wire got pinched at some point and broke the copper wire without damaging the pvc coating...drove me nuts :banghead: also heard of some of the soldering of parts inside sometimes cracks you might want to check that

87we41087
12-14-2004, 09:55 PM
I will check all of that. thanks alot. Hopefully its not something more comlicated. I hate electronics. I will post here when i check all of the above.

Turbo2nr
12-15-2004, 11:46 PM
Did you buy this used? I have seen this sort of thing happen recently at TB.com. Someone sells a bad Scanmaster, that they have hooked up wrong, and fried it. :(

87we41087
12-16-2004, 07:51 PM
I didnt buy it used but i did buy the car used. The guy i bought it from claimed it used to work. Im not sure. I have to check the above and if its not any of thoes things, i will post again. thanks alot. :cheers: