PDA

View Full Version : upper door panel removal

russ
08-27-2007, 11:06 AM
My pass side elec lock is getting sticky. I figured I'd clean the switch contacts and the lock mechanism. Is it possible to pop the switches out without removing the panel ? How about the panel removal - does the bottom have to come off first ?

Russ

Keller
08-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Is it possible to pop the switches out without removing the panel ?
Don't think so.
How about the panel removal - does the bottom have to come off first ?
Yes. Actually, armrest first of all. Then screws at the bottom. Then pull outward. Not very difficult. The panel is in two sections. Should be able to leave the upper section alone if you just want to access the lock switch.

PhillyTurboSix
08-27-2007, 01:03 PM
I would pop the door panels off they are pretty easy to get off. You'll need the tool pictured below so you don't snap all the 20 year old plastic tabs off. You can buy new ones at your local parts place but it makes life allot more easy with it. Take the 2 screws out of the door handle. With a jewelers screw driver pop off the tabs on either end of the pull straps. Take those 2 screws out. Then with the tool pictured below take off the bottom part of the door panel. You can somewhat pry it away to see where those tabs are. Sneak the tool in there and pop them out of the door. Work your way around and take your time. Some of them might just break because they are 20 year old plastic. Pull that away and the same deal with the upper panel. Pop the plastic tabs and the pannel pulls up when those are free. You might not even need to take the top part off if your just checking the power lock switch. But that's pretty much how they come off. If it's the passenger side look for your build sheet. You might find it! :)

http://www.autotoys.com/pics/thumbs/t_doorpanelremovaltooldeluxe.jpg