Thread: time to rebuild
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Senior Contributor

buddiiee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: time to rebuild

moneys not a problem eh? dam, SOMEone just hit the lottery! lucky. well, if i were you, being that gas is soo high, and this is a street car, id build that engine for RELIABILITY, so mpg wont be affected that much, and shell last you 250,000 miles. you can get low-mid 12's EASY with just the little satellite component change ups. nicer intercooler, stall to match your setup, good quality chip to tie it all in. high efficiency radiator with 160 thermostat to keep er nice and cool, maybe a quick diet to lighten er up a bit (fiberglass hood, trunk, and both bumpers, aluminum bumper supports, aluminum brake drums, aluminum aftermarket race rims, lightweight starter, and leave the A/C system and spare tire at home) and with your ta49 and aftermarket injectors, you should be ok. $hit, if you tune this right, with those lightweight components, you MAY even get 12 seconds flat who knows. all i know is, the most important factors are a solid reliable base engine, a scan tool, and really good tires without any of that, you aint goin anywhere. past that, theres no limit man, you could get 13 flat, with your girl in the car, the air on, and 17 mpg on street, EASY, and whoop mustangs all day in the process. or, you could change a few things, and go low 11's, again, without that much hassle. its all in the way you make your components come together. if they dont play well with each other, youre gonna run 16's with a 10,000$ engine, and never figure out why. i know cuz theres people on this board, that are askin why as well when mosher and keller step in, theyll hook you straight up. go to the recipe page, on the tech area of this board, youll be roastin in no time flat.
KB chip,2400 TC,K&N cai,stage3 shiftkit,bilstein shocks,engine strap,1.375 rear bar,all 4 brace kits,2.5"catless dual exhaust,bosch afpr,airbag,160 t-stat,power plate,ported inlet bell,alum drums,S-10 cylinders.On deck:LT1 springs,hotwired walbro.