Thread: What Turbo
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Royal-T is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL KIM
I took the plunge and ordered a Turbo today. Should be ready in 2 weeks. I got the (smaller turbo) CPT 66 ballbearing with P trim and .63 A/R exhaust. The compressor has the 4" inlet and 2.5" outlet from Cotton Performance. Talked with both Mike Litch at Full Throttle and with Jack Cotton before ordering.

From what I'm told; the PTE 67 has the newer/better compresser wheel and has more power. Jack actually sells both. The CPT 66 Turbonetics comes with a 1 year warranty and is VSR balanced. It has bb is on one side only (PTE 67 is both sides) and the water cooling is optional. Jack says I don't need water for durability or anything, but I had to order it anyway. He also says if I ordered the Q trim on the CPT 66 it would be comparable to the PTE 6776. The CPT does have the big shaft and rebuildable cartridge.

Thanks Phil, Chris, and Royal-T for the info and helping me choose. Now for the mating converter....
CONGRATS.... i'm sure you will love it.... i think i'm gonna miss my ball bearing...... i think i may start lookin again too...GRUMPY has been tens with that turbo you are buying.... its gonna be awesome.... just drive responsibly and always monitor your gauges.