GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Body/Trim/Detailing Tips > Interior Details

Old 04-19-2008, 01:12 PM

Boostwizard is on a distinguished road
Bang Head Carpet

Howdy all,
I am curious to find out here, where is the best place to purchase a carpet kit for my 86 GN. Here is the thing.....I want an original look and GOOD QUALITY carpet kit and padding. I just spent $6000 on a new pain job and my car is flawless.....the headliner and seats were re-upholstered and a pretty good job was done using original fabric. However.. ....As i have the car at this upholstery shop to get custom carper installed, the guy was going to use some thin carpet material and reuse my old smelly nasty carpet and lay this on top of it, no molding, and would have to cut it and seam it. So, i decided to kindly put back in one seat and hit the road !!!!!
So, now I need to decide whether to find another shop or get a kit and install it. if anyone has found a good quality kit or knows someone that can do a super custom carpet installation, shoot me a reply please, i live in central california and need to move forward on finishing my baby. Any comments and help are welcome.
Thanks all
Alex
Old 04-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Support

PaCemkr86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PaCemkr86
Default Re: Carpet

http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_in...dbbeadd16c0b78

My Turbo Buick
Old 04-19-2008, 02:22 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Carpet

Pretty sure http://www.jaxseatcover.com/ has molded carpets as well.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:58 PM

413turbo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 413turbo

jax seat cover is doing my seats now, when i asked them about the carpet- i believe they said that since it was aftermarket, it would not have the heel pad on the driver's side. so i ordered my carpet from car,inc. (www.oldbuickparts.com) , it was a little more, but is supposed to have the driver heel rest in it. it hasn't arrived yet, but when it does - i'll send an update on the quality.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:44 AM

Boostwizard is on a distinguished road

thanks 413, I emailed Jax, but looks like you already been there, I'm the same
way, want to keep is as original as possible. One would think as so Many people are restorig these and all the other NOS parts, that someone would do the carpet properly!!
thanks again
Alex
Old 04-30-2008, 06:05 PM

Angry Re: Carpet

carpet just came, in a very little box. i got it from oldbuickparts.com , it is soft and thick. it does not have the rubber backing. the heel pad does not look factory. and the addvertised felt backing is really 2 felt strips, whick aren't thick.

i'm not sure if i'm going to send it back and paint my grey carpet black, or i may remove the factory jute padding and try to apply it to this carpet.

maybe someone will have better stuff at BG?
Old 04-30-2008, 07:10 PM

my blood is allmost boiling, they addvertise die sealed heel pad, what i got was sewn on. of coarse everyone is closed now. i've emailed gbodyparts, who offers carpet and rubber back carpet, hopefully they got the right stuff.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:43 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Carpet

The vendors at BG should be noted at http://www.gsnationals.com/ Not sure there will be much more than Jax (of they come), Full Throttle, and Legendary there that might have interior stuff. The later does great work, but not sure they do the newer cars.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:54 PM

cars,inc. told me to send them the carpet back. after examining mine, i decided to vac it, clean it, and dupli-color paint it, so far so good.
i haven't found the venders listed for BG, yet. but i may just let my carpet ride for now. (more money for the power side of things )
Old 05-01-2008, 01:00 PM

RA6T7GTO is on a distinguished road

Has Anybody Tried Acc Carpets, Auto Custom Carpets,i Have Used Them In Alot Of My Older Gm Cars And They Are Pretty Good