GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Engine Mechanical

Old 11-24-2004, 03:21 PM

Evill Turbo is on a distinguished road
Default What is it worth?

Hello,

I am in the market for an '86 or '87 GN as this is one of the cars I have always wanted to own. I am wondering what some experts would think this car is worth? The car is local to me and I am going to see it next week. The gentleman that owns it is in his mid 50s and is the original owner.

Thanks,

Steve K.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...506633958&rd=1

Last edited by Evill Turbo; 11-24-2004 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:58 PM

turbogn86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to turbogn86
Default Re: What is it worth?

that car can easily get into the 10-20k range but if your going to try to buy it from the owner him self expect to pay any where from 10-20 thousand. if he goes higher then that then its really not worth it, its a nice car all original but its not "perfect" things like that antina thing on the back an the little paint defects will be taken into consideration. but make a low offer an see what he says. he may let it go for under 10 but may go up accordingly. kelly blue book prices it for ... $11,705. hope this helps you an good luck on the buy, let us know what happens.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:23 PM

Evill Turbo is on a distinguished road

Thanks,

Yes, I am thinking of going in there low and see what he says from there. I'll definately keep everyone informed.

Steve K.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:21 AM

trizue is on a distinguished road

I think that is high, even though that may be what it is worth. I was lucky enough to get a tr for $3500. It needed about $400 worth of repairs(parts costs) plus another 400 for front seat kits and carpet(worn/dirty) And the car came with a rebuilt engine and trans. with 50k on them, gnx gauge cluster, ta49, scan master, and a 7 out of 10 repaint. If you look hard enough you will find someone that needs the $$ and you can get lucky. Good luck on your search!