GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Body/Trim/Detailing Tips > Interior Details

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2008, 01:12 PM

Boostwizard is on a distinguished road
Bang Head Carpet

Howdy all,
I am curious to find out here, where is the best place to purchase a carpet kit for my 86 GN. Here is the thing.....I want an original look and GOOD QUALITY carpet kit and padding. I just spent $6000 on a new pain job and my car is flawless.....the headliner and seats were re-upholstered and a pretty good job was done using original fabric. However.. ....As i have the car at this upholstery shop to get custom carper installed, the guy was going to use some thin carpet material and reuse my old smelly nasty carpet and lay this on top of it, no molding, and would have to cut it and seam it. So, i decided to kindly put back in one seat and hit the road !!!!!
So, now I need to decide whether to find another shop or get a kit and install it. if anyone has found a good quality kit or knows someone that can do a super custom carpet installation, shoot me a reply please, i live in central california and need to move forward on finishing my baby. Any comments and help are welcome.
Thanks all
Alex