PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure???

Taurian
06-29-2005, 12:30 AM
Im getting white smoke on start up and a little at idle. I was told that the fuel pressure regulator or injectors have something to do with this???

Robbie-87plz
06-29-2005, 01:05 AM
I thought that
-white smoke was a coolant problem. ie blown headgasket/cracked heads
-black smoke, excessive fuel/carbon
-blue smoke, oil

Pop the cap on your radiator, obviously when it's cold, start it up and if you see bubbles...something's wrong.
Check the engine oil dipstick, and ensure there's no 'milkshake' on it.

Good luck and keep us posted.

P.S. If I'm incorrect on the above, please feel free to educate me. :cheers:

Taurian
06-29-2005, 01:47 AM
Good News!!!

No milkshake on the dipstick!!! Radiator is OK!!! I read an article on a we site that said if your injectors let out to much fuel then it can cause white smoke on start up. I don't know!!! I guess I'll check with a company that specializes in GN's. By the way, I smoked the mes out of a Z06 today. I love the look on the guys face when his girlfriend ducked into the floorboard!!!!! :cheers:

buddiiee
06-29-2005, 04:42 PM
you SMOKED a zo6? isnt that a low 12 second car?

Taurian
06-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Yes, that would be correct. It will do low 12's on good day w/ street tires, and it will turn high 10's/low 11's w/ slicks. I run 22lb. of boost and it is alcohol injected w/ a Precision front mount intercooler and a 49 turbo. It's one helluva ride. :cheers:

tommy231
07-01-2005, 08:38 AM
I also think white smoke is burning engine coolant. You might want to check to see if you're losing any small amount over time. It could be a leak into an intake runner where it may not show the "bubbles" in the radiator and it may not be leaking into the crankcase at all, hence no "milkshake" in the oil. Black smoke would be a rich fuel condition. Some water vapor in the exhaust is normal at startup while condensation is burned off, but that usually isn't white and looks more like steam. An intake runner leak might show bubbles in the radiator but maybe only under boost?

Congrats on the Z06 kill... you make us proud. Now go find one of the new 7.0L bad boys and report back with your results.

buddiiee
07-01-2005, 12:03 PM
wow.. i can only dream of beating one of those. but i will. ;) i already have all the mustangs under my belt now, i have super high goals, i want the porsches that roam my neighboring city next. i will start beatin them by the middle of this fall. but as for your et times, you say on a good day you run low 12's on a good day, so just for averages sakes, ill say mid 12's. now thats on street tires... so youre sayin that you drop almost 2 full seconds switching to race tires?? wow. i run radial t/a's and they hold me back soo much. i cant wait to switch up.