PDA

View Full Version : Accel Injectors

BDawg
02-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Hi, I just purchased a 87 Turbo-T Limited and was looking for some information on the injectors that are in this car. They have yellow tops and say Accel, and have the number 30 on them. The rest of the car and engine appear stock. Are these just a replacement injector? And are worth keeping?

Keller
02-11-2006, 12:12 AM
The stock Bosch injectors flow 28 lbs./hr. My guess is that the injectors you have are 30 lbs./hr. because of their markings. The Lucas 30's are considered stock injector replacements. However, I'm not sure if anyone has tested the Accel injectors to know their flow characteristics. In theory, they should be a good stock replacement. The question is, how well do they work and behave with these cars? These are certainly widely available in the catalogs. It'd be nice to know if anyone has flow tested them yet.

buddiiee
03-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Tou have accel 30 pounders? Do you know what chip you have? Is it stock would ya know? I was told by a reputable source, that those injectors flow no better than stock and maybe even a tad less. I'm not sure how sure the guy was when he said a tad bit worse, but he's pretty reputable. Also, (hes a major chip burner for tr's) he said noone burns chips for those injectors. so, im not sure where you can go as far as upgrades with those injectors in your car. hth's...

BDawg
03-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Buddiiee thanks for the feedback on the injectors. I need some help here with some new injectors. Does different brand injectors of the same #'s require different chips? I guess what I'm asking is a Bosch 36# and Lucas 36# injector basicly the same or does the chip burner need to know which brand your running. I've been told that 36# injector was the common injector in the past and that the chip burners hand a really good handle on these injectors. What about the Ford 42#ers, how well do these injectors work and do the chip burners supply a good chip for these injectors? On Ebay there is a lot of the Ford 42#ers (New) for sale (Bosch part # 0 280 150 558 High Impedence Green Tops). I know that all of the sets that I've seen for sale on there are for 8 cyl but I could have two for spares. 42#er's might be to much for what I want out of the car but at least I would have a little room to grow. I was told that 42#er's were kinda finicky to set up. I'm going in circles, I'm like the dog chasing his tail, appreciate any help. Part #'s on injector preference would really help a lot.

buddiiee
03-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Well make it easy for you. call mike at fullthrottlespeed. trust me, hell have the EXACT answers youre looking for.

JHensberry
03-12-2006, 12:29 AM
First, figure out what you want to do with the car.
Second, you must have the chip calibrated to the injectors.
Third, Room to grow with is a nice option, but you do not need to over do it.
Chips have come along way since then, just get with a reputable vendor, tell him your injectors, and have him get you a street chip, strip if you wish. Problem solved.

BDawg
03-12-2006, 01:35 AM
1st- I want to drive the piss out the car.
2nd- I know that the injectors need to be calibrated to the chip.
3rd- I know that I don't want to overkill the injectors, why put a 1150 Holley dominator on a 283 and have raw gas running out the tailpipe. But since I've only got a couple of feedbacks on the Accel injectors they must be a mystery part or they are JUNK and one runs them. If I had stock injectors at least I would know were I stand but I don't so that's why I asked for some input on 36"s or 42's. I've did some checking and the 42's seem to be more available. If the car will run 12.5's to 13.0's in the 1/4 with the 36er's that's great, thats plenty fast for a driver. Now if I want to go to the track and run some 11.4's @ 118 I will get my happy ass into my 70 Chevelle SS (and it's a streeter also)!

Thanks for the advice Buddiiee, I just got my scanmaster from Fullthrottlespeed this week. I'll give Mike a call.

Keller
03-12-2006, 01:59 AM
The green top Bosch 42's are Ford Lightning injectors. They are not the same as the Lucas 42/43 injectors. Yes, you must tell a chip burner exactly what kind you have. A local party was trying to use the Ford 42's with a Lucas 42 chip and they did not play that well together.

Stock injectors can go low 12's - IF everything else is set up right and you are using race fuel or alcohol injection. I've taken the 36 lb. Bosch injectors to 11.76 with an unopened stock motor - again, using race fuel, a TA49 turbo, a LOT of boost, and everything being just right. Not a pump-gas, everyday state of tune.