PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump, Regulator, Hotwire

91rangerturbo
03-09-2006, 10:33 AM
I have been looking and reading through the archives and deciding on which would be best for my application.

Which fuel pump
Is reds,modern muscles,xp's pump cheaper than walbro's
I really have had good luck with walbro. But which one?
255hp, 307, 340

Which regulator i have been trying find prices on them but alot of links are dead for me?

I know there is the kenne-bell, atr*closed*, Bowling Green Customs, ccp, and accufab. That is what i am having the hardest finding is a good reg at a decent price.

Anyone have anylinks with some good pricing? :six:

kenmosher
03-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Any of the vendor fuel pump kits are a good bet ... most use the 340 (or variation of it) and a good hot wire kit (Casper's, Racetronix, Full Throttle, etc) is a must.

Accufab makes a nice proven billet regulator for about $100 (I've seen on eBay anyway). Not sure what Red, Full Throttle, Poston's, Cotton's get, but probably in the ball park (and worth it for the support).

91rangerturbo
03-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks Ken.

I have found jds performance has the best price i can find on fuel pumps. Then i will get a e-bay regulator and then a hot-wire kit thru a vendor.

kenmosher
03-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Might want to shop the turbo Buick vendors to avoid problems with fittings/kits ... it also supports our small community. I'd bet most of them would price match and offer advice on combination that would be worth the couple $$ difference in prices.

Just MHO ...

91rangerturbo
03-09-2006, 01:44 PM
you make a good point ken.

Ormand
03-09-2006, 02:23 PM
The Walbro 340 has an improved motor, compared to the 307. Look at the pump curves. You will see that the 340 draws less current than the 307, for any given flow. So there is less heat created, less voltage drop through the wiring, and less load on the alternator. All good things! Plus, it has higher flow capacity, so why settle for second best?

91rangerturbo
03-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Yeah i know about the pumps i just didn't know that people referred to them by the part number.

Thanks guys

91rangerturbo
03-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Okay i ordered the fuel pump and hot wire kit from racetronix. $155 shipped
and i ordered a kirban regulator from www.kirbanperformance.com $111.88

I will let you know how this works out for me when i get it installed.