PDA

View Full Version : lb injectors

Tractorjesse
06-10-2006, 01:06 AM
I was told my motor was punched out .06 it has all oversized pistons and I am curently puting it back together an wondering what size injectors to put in it also, what kind turbo would work good with it. Also I have a opertunity to buy some hooker headers wondering if andy one has had them on a similer bored motor and if there was any lag in the turbo from them.
Thanks JJJ

Keller
06-10-2006, 12:06 PM
An .060 overbore is VERY large for these motors. Usually, .030 is about as large as you can safely go. I am not aware of any turbo pistons you can get at .060, and you may have cooling problems at that overbore.

See http://www.gnttype.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5543 for discussions regarding the Hooker headers. If the car isn't making the car well into the lower 11's or better ET's, its not a good idea.

kenmosher
06-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Ditto what Scott says and to add:

The injectors will depend more on the head work, turbo and cam you put together. It's all about air flow ...

Something like the 60s and a good chip would be wise if you have moved up in turbo, had heads ported, run a cam, etc.

If the block is truly 60 over, and you stress it, be prepared to find a new block.:hyper: