PDA

View Full Version : No power to fuel pump

TerryB
10-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi, I need help figuring out what to do on my 87 GN. I'm not getting power going to my fuel pump. Fuses are good, new relay installed, ran hot wire directly to pump to test it and it runs normal. Relay is getting power from ignition switch when I cycle the key. Could it be a problem with my computer. I'm not big on electrical and need help.
TerryB

IL KIM
10-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Are you getting power to the connector that feeds to the pump? You may want to check the wire harness connector in the trunk area - left wheel well, that feeds the pigtail to the pump connector. I had a wire pull out of the connector from one side. Hope this helps.

New2me87GN
10-08-2006, 07:35 AM
If you take the grey wire right behind the alt(has a black female connector on it), and touch it to the + post on the alt the fuel pump should run. This is just a test to make sure that the pump is good and the wires going to the pump are good. Grounds are the next thing to look at if nothing happens with the grey wire hooked to 12 volt power.

TerryB
10-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks guys for the replies. I checked the pump and it's running and the pump connector at the rear was plugged in properly. I discovered under the hood a 20A fusible link by the right front fender that a broken wire , I reconnected it and the pump ran again from the igniton. I don't quite understand what the relationship was between this link and the fuel pump but I'll find out soon, Thanks for all your help.