GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Suspension/Rear Ends

Old 09-15-2007, 12:44 AM

godwingn87 is on a distinguished road
Question Control arms/trailing arms?

I seem to be having an on going problem with my GN under WOT where the car sways left & right in the rear.. I have looked into it and it looks like the control arms are in pretty rough shape/rusty.. My car also appears to be riding crooked when I'm driving down the road.. I have a couple of questions to start- Is it control or trailing arms in the rear of our cars. I've heard it said both ways.
Second, is there a place that sales used arms for a good price? I've heard you can box stockers and they do well.. I wouldn't want to do mine as they appear to be bent a little.. I've had the front control arm bushings replaced recently and it helped a little but problem still not solved. I'm running about 27psi on alky and didn't notice it until I passed about 22 psi when I was tuning. It almost feels like when your hauling a heavy trailer and it tries to get away from you... Thanks in advanced for any help
Old 09-15-2007, 01:55 AM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Control arms/trailing arms?

Its both. Our control arms are trailing arms. Not all are. Some suspensions could be A-arm, ladder bar, panhard bar, etc.

You can get spare arms from a junkyard. They came on many cars. Note that the bolts holding them are body style bolts, and wont come out easily.

All of your 20+ year old arm bushings are likely trashed.