GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Add-on Electronics and Electrical > Audio

Old 07-18-2005, 10:25 PM

Hedge is on a distinguished road
Question Can stock stereos be obtained?

I just bought a GN and it has some old horrible sounding radio in it with wood grain around it. My guess is somebody had the radio stolen at one time or they had an upgrade in it and before selling the car the took it and and replaced it with the thing that is in there now.

My question is can stock radios still be obtained? If so where? I would like to put the car in original condition.

Last edited by Hedge; 07-19-2005 at 01:13 AM.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:25 AM

leehatten is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to leehatten
Default Re: Can stock steroes be obtained?

I Have An 85 Wit The Eq Maybe We Can Do A Trade Or Something
Old 07-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Senior Contributor

buddiiee is on a distinguished road

yes, theres a number of places that you can get radios from. you just have to look. look all over this site, ask dennis at kirbanperformance.com, and theres another 2 places, though i cant think of them off the bat. i will though, just email me in a day or two. try google.com. i know theyre there, cuz i seen one of the company's advertisements in hotrod magazine as well. they reburbish them, and rebuild them like brand new. from what i hear, theyre pretty lame sounding though. i was going to put a stocker back in as well, but, decided against it. if you were to put the stocker back in, (i dont know $hit about stereos) i guess, if its possible, throw an amp somewhere in the setup, and get some really quality speakers like bose, karman hardon, or infinity, and youll be squared away.
KB chip,2400 TC,K&N cai,stage3 shiftkit,bilstein shocks,engine strap,1.375 rear bar,all 4 brace kits,2.5"catless dual exhaust,bosch afpr,airbag,160 t-stat,power plate,ported inlet bell,alum drums,S-10 cylinders.On deck:LT1 springs,hotwired walbro.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:18 PM

ajt86 is on a distinguished road

i have one from an 87 GN with concert sound II and EQ- make me a good offer if you want it- farfromgone211@yahoo.com
Old 07-27-2005, 12:49 PM

Hedge is on a distinguished road

Well I am going to replace the in car stereo with some kind of CD player etc. What I want to do is find out what kibd of stereo came in the car from the factory and find one of those to keep aside so I could put the car back all original if I wanted. Does anybody know how to find out which stereo came in their car?

If it is the same as the one you have I would be interested. I just got to figure out what came in mine first.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:28 PM

ajt86 is on a distinguished road

look at your RPO codes under the trunk lid the RPO for my stereo is

UX1 Delco GM Graphic Equalizer, cassette tape & ETR AM Stereo- FM Stereo radio with seek and scan, auto reverse with search/repeat and clock

thats straight from the window sticker i have from my car. look on the trunk lid and look for UX1
Old 07-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Support

PaCemkr86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PaCemkr86

all day long on ebay... thats where i got mine
with concert sound as well