GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Driveability / Troubleshooting

Old 11-11-2005, 05:05 PM

pistol is on a distinguished road
Default Required amount of throttle

My car when cold (15-20mins driving) seems to require no more than a 1/2 throttle to really make it move. After a few good runs it seems to require 3/4 too full throttle to get the same performance as when it is cold. What is going on? Seems like there is lots of boost.... lights are off the boost bar... When I turn the car off and start again even with it warm/hot performance is back again for a short bit....

help....
Old 11-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Senior Contributor

JHensberry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Required amount of throttle

CLT/ATS temps could be higher. Any scan tool data? What about a FP?
Old 11-11-2005, 06:54 PM

Hey there,

What is CLT/ATS temps?

No scan tool? Not sure of FP yet either?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Senior Contributor

86Nick is on a distinguished road

ats is = air temp sensor
clt= coolant temp sensor
Old 11-12-2005, 01:28 PM

did the papar clip check and there are no codes ( well #12 only) so that seems to be aok....
Old 12-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Senior Contributor

buddiiee is on a distinguished road

do you have a temp guage anywhere? hows your radiator and thermostat? i know its a long shot, and probably not it but, my older regal, did the exact same thing. as did my old K car. they ran like champs, for the first 15 minutes, cuz they were cool.. when they were hot, they ran like crap. my cooling system was faulty in my regal. i replaced the radiator, water pump, and of course the thermostat. (and of course, when you overheat your car too many times, you should replace the oil as well) after that, my car ran noticeably better. try seein if your cooling system is ok. grab a rad hose, see if the waters circulating. or maybe your radiator is full of deposits, and not that effective anymore... who knows. try a flush. cant hurt to check em eh?
KB chip,2400 TC,K&N cai,stage3 shiftkit,bilstein shocks,engine strap,1.375 rear bar,all 4 brace kits,2.5"catless dual exhaust,bosch afpr,airbag,160 t-stat,power plate,ported inlet bell,alum drums,S-10 cylinders.On deck:LT1 springs,hotwired walbro.