GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Add-on Electronics and Electrical > General Electrical

Old 09-16-2006, 03:53 PM

Hedge is on a distinguished road
Default Cigarette Lighter Not Working

Ok let me start with I am ignorant when it comes to eletrical components. I purchased a GN August 2005 and am working slowly on making a nicer car out of it. It has a performance problem I am trying to nail down and I had a buddy hook his scan tool up but there was no power coming from the cigarette lighter. I did the obvious and pulled the fuse panel and looked but I did not see any fuses labeld cigarette lighter. I do see a few spots that have nothing in them but they might be that way by default because of car options (not sure). I pulled the radio faceplate off and pulled the cigeratte lighter out and looked at the connection there which seemed to be fine. So I am kind of stuck. Two questions.

Is there a fuse for the cigarette lighter. If so which one is it and what Amps is it?

Are there any other common problems that would cause this I could check for?

Thank in advance for your help.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:08 AM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Cigarette Lighter Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedge
Is there a fuse for the cigarette lighter. If so which one is it and what Amps is it?
Labeled CIG-CLK. For the cigarette lighter and clock in the radio. 20 amps. Lower center part of the panel.